hv oil pump kit

It's a band aid used to solve other issues (clearances). Too much strain on the front cam bearing, IMO. It might end up making matters worse.

The stock pump has worked just fine for alot of people. I say stocker with a lil high spring & Deeper sump

EARL BROWNS TIMING COVER MODS!!! A very good way to keep the presure up and it's a DIY thing.

do you guys think the melling hv oil pump kit is any good.......thanks

The kit's fine I've used them before with no problems. FWIW the HV pump is only a band-aid if you use it as such and if you are using it as a band-aid it's probably better to band-aid a problem than just let it go. Especially if you can't afford the proper fix. Also, the "earls front cover mods" work very well.

Mine works great also and this leads me to a question for everyone since everyone has a differen't oponion not to cut in on your question but i have a high volume oil pump kit , pressure is about 90 on cold starts with 10w30 idle is 30 when engine temp is 185. I have seen several 109 blocks with stock oil pumps have distorted rod bearings from my and other oponions engine detonation. I have a 87 t type that seems to have an indestructable bottom end , while tuning and learning i went through 2 sets of wirelock head gaskets and melted 2 spark plugs when my walbro failed so i decided to freshen up the engine , to my surprise their was no wear to the bottom end , all bearings looked new , my question is did the high volume oil pump have anything to do with this or was it luck , i expected to see worn out and copper showing on the bearings but none , so give some oponions on this