HRParts Swaybar

MCH86GN

Anyone put their, HRParts, swaybar on your car and were you pleased with the results? I wanted to get some opinions on it. As far as goals, well right now I have bushing that need replaced in my rear controls arms and a car that doesn't handle all that well even with the larger swaybar, $150 one, from a different vendor. I was thinking of replacing control arms and swaybar. I realize it is expensive, but my eventual goals with my car are to go into the low to mid 10s with street use. I want to do it once and do it right.

It is a badass bar ......Paul is a great guy and has put a lot of work into that bar as well as his other parts. Very happy with mine.

Bryan

It is a badass bar ......Paul is a great guy and has put a lot of work into that bar as well as his other parts. Very happy with mine.

Bryan
Thanks for the quick reply. Right now, my car isn't no fun to even drive. The handling sucks and the rear bushings are gone. I figure if I'm going to start replacing, spend the money do it once and do it right. I have spent too money on this already. However, I have recently stopped buying and started thinking and consulting with people whose soul purpose is other than getting my money. It's really too bad because the car was nice and handled nice when I bought it. I drove fine and everything worked. It wasn't stock but really close. Then I started with one upgrade and the car became a money pit, quick. It didn't have to, but I didn't do my research like I should have.

My car used to have body roll when taking an on/off ramp, tires would rub. This bar was installed and Metco billet lowers and adjustable uppers. No more body roll issues. This bar will also keep your car launching level.
I dont have any experience with other bars that are out there.

Bryan

My car used to have body roll when taking an on/off ramp, tires would rub. This bar was installed and Metco billet lowers and adjustable uppers. No more body roll issues. This bar will also keep your car launching level.
I dont have any experience with other bars that are out there.

Bryan
Level launching, does that mean I can get rid of the airbags?

No bags on mine.....
Every car is different. I still have the factory springs in mine and it launches level. You may be able to get rid of them

Bryan

The HR bar is one of my favorite mods Works great on the street and track Dont bother with the stock style sway bars The HR bar is night and day better

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have mixed feelings about my H&R bar…I know that a lot of guys more experienced swear by it so this is why I still have it on my car BUT ever since I've had it installed, my car never left the line as hard as before with both wheels up in the air.:cry: I have good mph, but some lousy 60ft. times with the car feeling like a brick. Maybe it's me who doesn't know how to tune or adjust it, I dunno…:rolleyes: but I still have "mixed feelings" about it because of that. :(

Claude.

I have mixed feelings about my H&R bar…I know that a lot of guys more experienced swear by it so this is why I still have it on my car BUT ever since I've had it installed, my car never left the line as hard as before with both wheels up in the air.:cry: I have good mph, but some lousy 60ft. times with the car feeling like a brick. Maybe it's me who doesn't know how to tune or adjust it, I dunno…:rolleyes: but I still have "mixed feelings" about it because of that. :(

Claude.
Well, forget 60' times for the moment my car handles like complete crap and the with in a few months of putting the other big swaybar on, the bushing in my stock control arms are shot and there was little to no improvement in handling.

I found the big stock style sway bar to be of little help The HR bar is night and day better Worth every penny

Originally I was running the stock rear bar, HR upper control arms and South Side Machine lower control arms with no front sway bar. It launched decent but had bad body roll and my drag radials would rub going around corners. I put on the HR lower control arms and the HR sway bar at the same time and it drives way better. Tires don't rub when going around corners anymore. Car launches straight and level. I can do a long burnout on the street and both tracks are the same with zero wheel hop. HR bar is adjustable so you can tune the rear tire loading. I don't have air bags.

Originally I was running the stock rear bar, HR upper control arms and South Side Machine lower control arms with no front sway bar. It launched decent but had bad body roll and my drag radials would rub going around corners. I put on the HR lower control arms and the HR sway bar at the same time and it drives way better. Tires don't rub when going around corners anymore. Car launches straight and level. I can do a long burnout on the street and both tracks are the same with zero wheel hop. HR bar is adjustable so you can tune the rear tire loading. I don't have air bags.

I ordered the HR swaybar, upper and lower control arms. I'm still running a front swaybar, but on one side the bolts ripped the threads right out of the frame. So I have a tie down strap holding my swaybar in place, however, this is ONLY FOR CRUISING.

You will like it. You can ditch the front bar. Don't break off the ears on the rear end housing trying to beat the bushings out with a sledgehammer. Borrow the proper puller tool or buy the one HR sells. Enjoy.

You cannot go wrong with the HR sway bar and bushings. It installs without welding and Paul is a great guy to work with.
I had a 1.24 60' on 275 drag radials. Car launches straight and I no longer run air bags.

I ordered the HR swaybar, upper and lower control arms. I'm still running a front swaybar, but on one side the bolts ripped the threads right out of the frame. So I have a tie down strap holding my swaybar in place, however, this is ONLY FOR CRUISING.
I bought the tool. I understand that you can find them for sale here, but I don't want to take that chance. I have tried getting away without the proper tools in the past and ending up ruining parts and tore a bicep tendon, which took along time to heal. Like I said, if I'm going to do it, I doing it right from now on. I will still have my frame modified so I can once again mount my front swaybar, but I will wait until I have installed the new rear end parts. Dave Roland is going to do the modification to my frame and when I'm ready he is also going to rebuilt my engine and transmission for me. He is a good guy and I'm lucky he lives in the same area of MI as me. He has a sticky showing in engine tech showing the machining required for align honing the steel main caps.

When any of you mounted the rear swaybar, did you try and paint or at least put POR on the rear axle? My isn't rusted bad, but it no longer has any paint on it. My car was born and raised in MI, and it was used as a daily driver for the first 5 years it was owned.

When I got my car I did new axles, brakes, differential, shocks, springs, upper control arms, etc. so I sandblasted and painted the entire rear axle housing and diff cover when I had it out. Looks good.

When I got my car I did new axles, brakes, differential, shocks, springs, upper control arms, etc. so I sandblasted and painted the entire rear axle housing and diff cover when I had it out. Looks good.
That would great if I could do that, but I just don't have the time nor the equipment.

I'm thinking of taking a wire brush to it, cleaning it with some degreaser and using POR-15 on it. I'm going to take a look at my axle housing tonight. It's funny, because it's not something I have every really paid attention to.