How weird ? Radio delete car with power antenna

No not overly special as most of the car is the same. You have to understand how ordering cars works. I worked for GM for 14 yrs running a GM store. this car would have been ordered under Fleet order so take all your retail option guides and toss them out the window. Now you open up special colors and options not ava on Retail cars. Like the Brickman trucks that come tan/ brown, CNG Suburbans the straight Brown non metallic Trooper cars from the 90's None of which joe public could walk into a store and order. I know exactly how it worked on the mid 90's to present(online era) just not prior.

Sounds pretty special to me. I know that one of our locals tried to get a flat hood and an a/c delete that was denied. His was white/chrome with the only sticker I've seen in person that was less than mine ($16,661)
Really sounds like a cool car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Don't forget the 10 Meth fuel test cars, some of the lowest known options to exist..... they had AC. My special ordered T had 57 options, If I'm remembering correctly the test cars had 51 options

So there should be some trooper t' s out there that are similar since a radio wouldn't really be needed aand would take up space

I'm trying to figure out what my trooper t had . Currently it has no radio and the antenna looks like it was pried out of the fender.

What would the code for manual antenna or power antenna be?

What are the codes for the 3 diffrent radio options? Also what's the radio delete code? I've wondered about this now for years

ul5 no radio, The RCMP car had no antenna just a stainless plug (tension plug) Maybe yours had the same as you would have to use a "tool" of some sort to pry it up. Keep in mind My car was a Canadian tropper car basicly.

I have had a ton of these cars and documents most people don't have handy.
Guide.jpeg

RPOinfo.jpg

Codes are there on the left.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

None of these radio or antenna codes are on my sticker not 1 on that list. There are no delete option codes and there are no codes saying I have anything.

I am puzzled

Not a radio delete car. Sounds like someone sure wanted the stuff gone though since the antenna was pryed out.

No send me your codes, Most likley Fleet processed car and Will have retail merchandise delete 1AA code

I ordered my ‘86 GN with radio delete and power antenna.
Figured I would chirp in to confirm....you could order a Regal with no radio and a power antenna. Of the 300 plus 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I sold back in the late 1980s and early 1990s I had at least two and both cars I had the window stickers for. The code on the trunk ID label for this to be original is UL5 which in the books says $56 which I believe the way its written would be $56 savings since it shows ($56.00)

As someone posted earlier this allowed customers to buy their own aftermarket radio....looking back the radios were not the best based on the times they would eat cassettes.

On a similar note I had a car that beats them all for not having a radio...

In 1970 I bought a used 1963 Corvette split window coupe 4 speed 327......it never never had a radio! If you are familiar with those cars the radio would be the vertical style this Corvette was never even cut out for a radio! I never butchered it and instead mounted a radio under the passenger seat. I have the Corvette black book it shows a total of 21,613 that year got either the am radio or am-fm radio. Coupes and converts. Then you add coupes and converts and that total for 1963 is 20,546. Doing the math between the two figures leaves a mere 67 that did not get a radio out of 21,613. Yes dumb luck I owned that car. I paid $2400 for it in 1970. A Vette not being a cheap car hard to imagine someone would order with no radio and dash was never drilled for it.

Sorry if I got slightly off the topic but just wanted to point out that radio delete cars are rare. On a another note cars that went to Hawaii during at least as late as the 1960s could be bought with a heater delete!

Not a car any owner in Minnesota would want to drive in the winter!

true facts...

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Radio delete and power antenna cars definitely existed. I ordered my ‘86 GN with radio delete and power antenna. I ordered it that way so I could install Sony 6-CD changer+tuner in the trunk and high quality speakers in the original locations. Remember this was long before factory multi-disc units existed and the self-contained shock mounted Sony unit was the first of its kind & a bit of a revolutionary concept. The unit had a small handheld controller at the end of a long cable, which allowed me to bring it from the trunk up through the factory wiring channels under the carpet and into the console storage area where it was very accessible and otherwise invisible. The radio delete panel fit Stewart Warner 270 degree sweep gauges for oil pressure, temp and coolant temp. Those gauges and the cd changer were the only deviations from stock. After 10 or 11 years and 165K happy miles, I sold my GN to Dennis Kirban, along with the window sticker and all original paperwork. The power antenna was a delight to have and never skipped a beat.

This is very cool and interesting.
I ordered my ‘86 GN with no power options what so ever and just about went with the radio delete. In the end I ordered the UX1 radio and the concert sound 2 speakers. It wasn’t until ‘91 that the radio was replaced with a Pioneer CD player and 1/2 din equalizer. It still works great.

IMG_0020.jpeg