How weird ? Radio delete car with power antenna

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
Yeah I'm like delete plate.. oh wait a power antenna with plugs but no antenna wire just deadhead ? wtf ? options label confirms.. First time I have seen that one. This is a blackout car as well not listed as a wo2 but individual on all the trim parts bumpers, moldings light trim crazy.

Maybe it was a mix up with the new guy on here that says his has a radio and no antenna?
Just a thought.....:D

Spid this is a 85 I just got to 4.8 ls turbo swap

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1389571057663.jpg
    1389571057663.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 129
Is that wh1 I see? Designer car?

The first 87 T that I ordered new, I ordered it that way.....Radio delete with power antenna. Reason why was because I was really in to the car audio scene back then and felt it was a rip off for what the radio options cost, as I knew it was coming out day one. Sadly I wrecked the car at around 7k miles after having it about 6 months and that's when I picked up the GN.

Figured I would chirp in to confirm....you could order a Regal with no radio and a power antenna. Of the 300 plus 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I sold back in the late 1980s and early 1990s I had at least two and both cars I had the window stickers for. The code on the trunk ID label for this to be original is UL5 which in the books says $56 which I believe the way its written would be $56 savings since it shows ($56.00)

As someone posted earlier this allowed customers to buy their own aftermarket radio....looking back the radios were not the best based on the times they would eat cassettes.

On a similar note I had a car that beats them all for not having a radio...

In 1970 I bought a used 1963 Corvette split window coupe 4 speed 327......it never never had a radio! If you are familiar with those cars the radio would be the vertical style this Corvette was never even cut out for a radio! I never butchered it and instead mounted a radio under the passenger seat. I have the Corvette black book it shows a total of 21,613 that year got either the am radio or am-fm radio. Coupes and converts. Then you add coupes and converts and that total for 1963 is 20,546. Doing the math between the two figures leaves a mere 67 that did not get a radio out of 21,613. Yes dumb luck I owned that car. I paid $2400 for it in 1970. A Vette not being a cheap car hard to imagine someone would order with no radio and dash was never drilled for it.

Sorry if I got slightly off the topic but just wanted to point out that radio delete cars are rare. On a another note cars that went to Hawaii during at least as late as the 1960s could be bought with a heater delete!

Not a car any owner in Minnesota would want to drive in the winter!

true facts...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My we4 is a factory radio delete with power antenna. Sadly the delete plate was the only thing that I didn't find in the car or with the parts. So it will always be 95% restored. It's an odd duck though when it comes to options I will say that.

The reason for the power antenna was obvious. WHy would you want an antenna sticking up out of the car when there is no radio? My friend had an 82 camaro that was radio delete also. Pretty sure that had power antenna also.

Yeah but my rosewood T was radio delete, no antenna at all just a stainless color round tension plug. That car had nothing, No defrost, power nothing, Deleted Ac, RCMP car.

Yeah but my rosewood T was radio delete, no antenna at all just a stainless color round tension plug. That car had nothing, No defrost, power nothing, Deleted Ac, RCMP car.
Is like to see a sticker and spid on that one. I was under the impression if you have an lc2 you have A/c. Another thing , the dealer couldn't get a flat hood put on from the factory if you had lc2.
Mine is pretty bare, but it does have rear defrost, and remote mirrors on both sides. Oh and mine has pwr antenna and radio.

It had the turbo hood never said it did not. Kirban can confirm the delete parts are fact. I don't have a spid picture but I still have the number of the guy I sold it too. I will try and get him to shoot me a picture.

Not disputing anything, just wanting to see some documentation. Cool stuff 25 yrs in.

I'd like to see the sticker on a FACTORY AC TR delete as well. I study how to order my 1st car for well over a month, never saw or heard of that.

No not overly special as most of the car is the same. You have to understand how ordering cars works. I worked for GM for 14 yrs running a GM store. this car would have been ordered under Fleet order so take all your retail option guides and toss them out the window. Now you open up special colors and options not ava on Retail cars. Like the Brickman trucks that come tan/ brown, CNG Suburbans the straight Brown non metallic Trooper cars from the 90's None of which joe public could walk into a store and order. I know exactly how it worked on the mid 90's to present(online era) just not prior.

So there should be some trooper t' s out there that are similar since a radio wouldn't really be needed aand would take up space