How too drop my frame?

noneed4nos

KWICK 6
I want to drop my frame, but I dont know where the body mounts are, does anyone have a diagram of where they are located? Thanks

Look for the rubber things between the body and frame, with the bolts through them. You'll probably need new ones.

your frame is probably rotted around where the bushings go. usually about 4 of them are. ask me how i know?????

frame2.jpg

At least it's easy to fix them when the frame is bare. What's up with the motors in the back?

i was just preparing him for the surprise i usually find when i part these cars out. 1 is a na 109 the other is a 109 but had 85 ha parts on it so i think it was put in under warranty back in the day and they just plugged the return hole.if you need engine parts or anything else pm me.

sorry for jacking your thread. if you have any questions about dropping your frame give me a call i have had MANY MANY MANY !!!! cars off their frames

203 213 9126 james

yea lucky me I have no fillers now, so no bumber issue haha and if their is rust around the bushing holes I assume when I send it out to get blasted and painted they will fix that, well at least I hope haha:confused: And any advice on dropping it with jack stands? I am dreading doing it but I really want to get started on this project but on the other hand my lift will be finished soon so I dont know:confused:

What are you doing?full restoration? Just replacing bushings? Is the nose off the car?

no the nose is still their incuding motor and everything, and yes full restoration. sending the frame out to get blasted and powdercoated.

Don't just expect them to repair the holes. If you want it done, make sure to tell them. If not, you may be having the patches welded onto a freshly painted frame, and will have to have it touched up after.

Sweet.. I just got mine out of the booth a few weeks ago...

got all the Repo. Weatherstripping and stuff now.

Its going to go back together here soon.. since I have to MOVE in a few weeks :eek: :mad: :eek:.

Between moving my toolbox 500 miles away, showing my house, all I have gotten done is my grille is in and turn signals, trunk WS is in! ha-ha

BTW where in the hell do the grille "springs" attach to and from? Its been months since I took them off

Attachments

• 09-03-09_1233.jpg
    09-03-09_1233.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 124
Sweet.. I just got mine out of the booth a few weeks ago...

got all the Repo. Weatherstripping and stuff now.

Its going to go back together here soon.. since I have to MOVE in a few weeks :eek: :mad: :eek:.

Between moving my toolbox 500 miles away, showing my house, all I have gotten done is my grille is in and turn signals, trunk WS is in! ha-ha

BTW where in the hell do the grille "springs" attach to and from? Its been months since I took them off

they hook into the holes in the bumper support and there are notches on the ends of the grille

Alright so there are notches on the plastic of the lower grille got that... then they pull forward (toward the bumper) onto the front support.

Haha I hope i dont run into that problem, Im going to make sure i mark, label and take pictures of everything i take off.:rolleyes: BTW your cars looks sweet and wish you the best of luck hopefuly i get the ball rolling and can start meeting everyone here at all the different shows next spring!!!;)

we are having a get toghther check the new england section. all are welcome even new yorkers! lol :Dcome on up bring a friend and look at other peoples cars get some ideas and make some connections.

thanks for the compliment! i may list couple more for sale as well!

again call me and i can tell you the easiest way to get your car apart.203 213 9126

when and where is the NE meet? and let me know what else you are selling and I deff. will call you if i need help which most likely i will haha:rolleyes: