How to tune

T Carter

Hey fellas.... I gotta blown head gasket, and while I have my gn torn down I'm replacing the smc kit with razors alky control. My question is when tuning, what all does tuning Intel? Thanks for all of the help

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would get a powerlogger and wideband or at least a scanmaster to monitor knock and help with tuning. Keep you a/f from 10.5-10.8 on alky. Start with the boost really low and as you add boost increase fuel to keep your air fuel numbers in the desired area. Always watch for knock.

Thanks for the info guys very helpful insight

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

welcome to the blown head gasket club..... I was lucky and mine held up for abt 8 yrs on the GN and only about 2yrs on the TTA ..... like posted above get it dialed in on low boost an work your way up with low boost

I'd make sure its tuned well before adding another variable like the alky.

already running denatured. with smc kit, which I will be replacing . but yes the tune is very important to me as well. I have been told that erics chips are damn near spot, but will be careful throughout this process

Going from SMC to razors (Dual) I was able to go from around 17° & 24psi to 19° & 29psi. 157k miles and never blew a hg. Eric does a great job with the chips. I did help a guy over the weekend that had a TT street chip, not too sure how it was ordered, the car has a roller cam and ported heads, but we ended up having to add 8% to WOT fuel. The TT alky chip was extremely close for my car, sent it back to Eric and told him plans while engine was out so we'll see how it runs in a few weeks.

read the sticky in the alcohol forum on tuning the kit, it explains the basics very well.