How to rid your yard of moles?

Thanks for all the ideas so far.....i will pass the info on to my father inlaw, the killing grubs sounds like the best idea...i would shoot em but niether he or i ever see them...
the gum idea sounds cool, but i have read elsewhere that the carnivorous animal probably wouldnt touch the gum....but who knows?

ive heard a 50/50 split on whether traps work or not...i bet thats luck...

thanks!

Mark the reason you got grubs is that grubs like the thach layer in the sod. Plus you watered alot and the moths layed more eggs.

If you would of seaded the lawn good chance you wouldn't have the problem?

Sean

I had a mole just recently then the yard flooded for about 2 weeks. I guess it drowned. :D

Originally posted by gmpower6
Mark the reason you got grubs is that grubs like the thach layer in the sod. Plus you watered alot and the moths layed more eggs.

If you would of seaded the lawn good chance you wouldn't have the problem?

Sean

If I seeded at the same time as I laid down the sod, it would have washed away from a couple of storms we had. I have a lawn and some folks I know who seeded at the same time don't! At least not as pretty as mine.:D

Moles/Voles

Surefire solution no pun intended.

Get 3' length of garden hose, one gallon high test gas and some M-80's. Pour gas in hole and attach 1-2 m-80s light the M-80's and run like hell

Roger

I also am about to Bill Murray in Caddyshack on my Mole. He was okay until he started digging under my patio made of pavers. I worked my butt off to put that patio in during the hot Florida summer, I'll be damned if that little bastard screws it up!!!

The Grub Ex has worked well for me in the past. I would double the dose that they recommend. You will not burn the lawn. Get rid of the grubs and the moles will leave. Chase them over to your neighbors!

Absolutely the only way! I used the exact same method.

Remove the food, remove the pest.

All other methods are a waste of time, energy, money and effort. Or less humane, while equally effective;)

I have used carbon monoxide from the exhaust of the lawn tractor. Just used a shop vac hose from the exhaust down into the holes. Just let it run for a while at idle to give the little critters a permanent nap. Recently I actually saw a kit at wally world or lowes / HD / menards to do this, can't remember which store exactly.

At a RC airplane field we used to use the juicy fruit trick to get rid of the little chipmunks / ground squirrels / ground hogs that would burrow holes in the field. A scoped .22 rifle would work well for those too.

Years ago my next door neighbors moved i mentioned to Dennis since you moved we have moles. Dennis reponded Dawn had moles as pets inside the house and when we moved she let them loose. I was shocked get rid of the grubs.

my saiga 12ga semiauto takes care of all my moles and annoying critters,OH and GN steelin SOB!

I have two off those vibrating thingies. They do work, but when the batteries die the moles are back. I have a Bush Master Varminter, I'm going to try and hunt them very soon.

Getting rid of the grubs is most important. I had a friend give us plants that seem to help in keeping them away. Additionally, Ex-Lax gives them a little something to think about.

Silver 6

Lisa's sister lives in the country and has NO moles, her cat eats them

That is exactly what a couple of farmers told me. They had tried everything that has been mentioned in this thread. Someone told them to get a cat and their mole problem disappeared after a little while.

carl-spackler.jpg

What's the life expectancy on a freakin' mole? I just noticed this thread was resurrected from 7 1/2 yrs ago! :eek:

Trapping the little bastards is the only luck I've had in getting rid of them. Use the scissor grip type traps they seem to work the best. Prior to that I tried smoke bombs & several old home remedies. Unfortunately you have to kill them somehow to resolve the problem.

Good luck
~JM~