How to remove headliner

don't know how but I just took mine in had it done and cost me $175 and I didn't have to deal with crawling over the roll bars. well worth having it done to me.

I just did mine... it wasn't too bad, but I couldn't believe how much I had to remove to get it out/in.
The rear seat needs to come out, both 1/4 panel trim pieces need to come out, sill plates, A-pillar trim, etc...

The trim between the headliner and door glass just snaps on to three plastic clips. To remove the trim, you need to push in/out as you pull down, and it will come off the clips. Those clips are screwed-in and hold the headliner in place when all the trim around the headliner perimeter is removed. Be carefull when removing the trim at the windshield and rear window, as the clips are plastic and brittle. The ones at the back window have little teeth in them, that 'kinda lock them in the slots in the roof. If you pinch them with a needle nose pliers, they should pull right out. The dome lamp bezel has two little push nuts holding it up, so you need to pull them off too... You should disconnect the battery so you don't short it out. You gotta push the bulb holders/contacts thru the plastic bezel, since the bezel will not go thru the hole in the headliner.
Be carefull with the coathook screws too... they may not line-up correctly with the replacement headliner, and may need to be re-drilled.

I just did my headliner a week ago, which is why I still remember it. ;)

Jeff I have just left mine alone for about 20 years, that seems to work pretty well....just kidding =)

headliner

it depends on what roof you have ....... a t-top car is much easier than a hardtop or moonroof car. with any of them, it's a matter of taking your time and not bending or breaking any of the trim parts.
bw jones