How to rebuild the idler pulley without 'upgrading' to a POS china unit

earlbrown

runs with scissors
Step 1. Remove engine.
1 IM002605.JPG

Step 2. Hang a wrench on the pulley. Remove belt and unscrew the very same bolt. Lefty loosey.
2 IM002606.JPG

Step 3. Get a bearing driver and remove 20 year old bearing. (I like the drivers that can remove bolts as well)
3 IM002607.JPG

4 IM002608.JPG

Step 4. Using a pair of drivers (that can also remove a pair of nuts) knock the new bearing into place.
5 IM002609.JPG

Step 5. Put antisieze on the alum boss the bearing rides on and replace unit.
6 IM002610.JPG

Step 6. Reinstall engine
7 IM002614a.jpg

8 IM002621.JPG

Step 7 ??????

Step 8. PROFIT!!

Come on earl stop showing me pictures of your engine now I want the main pulley screws aswell with the kit I ordered.. looks so nice... :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Come on earl stop showing me pictures of your engine now I want the main pulley screws aswell with the kit I ordered.. looks so nice... :D
They really look cool when they're spinning too. Now make plans to replace that 25 year old roller bearing :)

Hey Earl,Who's front cover are you using?:D

Its' just some 6 year old chinese kids oil pump. Works good. :D

What is that message written on the window of the gn in the background of first picture? Seems to be a warning to would-be carjackers?

What is that message written on the window of the gn in the background of first picture? Seems to be a warning to would-be carjackers?

It's verification the dumbass Atlanta Police Dept doesn't know the difference between a car theft and a car jacking. When the car was in the in wrecker lot (that they didn't know which one) they didn't want people fingerprinting my car up (even though they didn't bother to lift the first print)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/gn-stolen-our-of-atlanta-east-point.183426/

for 23 bucks you can just buy a new pulley (with bearing) from gbodyparts off ebay ,and thats shipped for that price

Well thank you... But it would still be nice to know the bearing number... As in the number on the bearing it's self...
Thank you for your reply