How to Cap Fuel Lines

Cryptic

I am upgrading my fuel lines but would like to leave my stock lines in place in case I ever want to revert the car back to stock.

Are any of you doing this? If so, how are you capping the lines?

Nope on most cars the stock feed lines are on their way out. So it’s best to just take them out. The other issue it’s also safer to run the new line in the same location as the feed line going to the front of the car. Don’t know exactly what lines you are replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope on most cars the stock feed lines are on their way out. So it’s best to just take them out. The other issue it’s also safer to run the new line in the same location as the feed line going to the front of the car. Don’t know exactly what lines you are replacing.

I would be replacing both the feed and return lines as I'm looking to do E85. My lines are in pretty good shape all in all. I only have 68k miles and it's always been garage kept.

The feed line is best to run in the same path as the stock feed. Going through the front frame and doing a 90 up the front of the motor. You can run it up the trans tunnel too. My lines were beat so I used a -8 feed line and used the stock feed line as my return line. Just used a inline filter on the feed line and flipped the stock filter around for the fuel going back to the tank. I’m not using e85 it’s not readily available up here in SE PA. You can find plastic caps that will fit most thread sizes. Cap the ends of the lines. Maybe use something like plumbers tape to keep the caps in place.

The feed line is best to run in the same path as the stock feed. Going through the front frame and doing a 90 up the front of the motor. You can run it up the trans tunnel too. My lines were beat so I used a -8 feed line and used the stock feed line as my return line. Just used a inline filter on the feed line and flipped the stock filter around for the fuel going back to the tank. I’m not using e85 it’s not readily available up here in SE PA. You can find plastic caps that will fit most thread sizes. Cap the ends of the lines. Maybe use something like plumbers tape to keep the caps in place.

I haven’t dug around in too much detail. It sounds like there’s enough room to leave the stock feed and run an additional feed through the frame?

Search "How fast on stock lines with e85" and reevaluate.

Who are you kidding? You'll never go back to stock lines if you spend the time and effort to put Teflon lines in. Pull out the old and put in the new with a nice new fuel filter.