How my day began...

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
And it wasn't a lot of fun, to say the least.:eek: I usually leave the house, drive into town, and then drive down I-35 to the town of West to get to work. Well today it turned into a total PITA!!! Construction is being done to I-35, which I have to drive down to get to work. I got about 5 or so miles down I-35 when I noticed a bunch of brake lights just in front of me but was lucky enough to get to an exit.:D A wreck in a construction zone will really screw your day up. The bad part is I was planning on driving down the access road, which was blocked by the local DPS officer. I had to turn and take an "alternate" route. Unfortunately I was following a few others and there were several tractor trailers in the group.o_O It seems that tractor trailer drivers really aren't that smart.:p I'd already called my boss to tell him I may be late but didn't expect this to happen.:mad: A tractor thinking he was driving a car decided to go down a dirt farm road, and of course, got stuck in a culvert.:rolleyes: Here's a couple of pics of where I ended up stuck.:cry: I ended up having to drive through a cotton field to get out of the mess and ended up getting to work about 1 hour late.:grumpy: Not the best way to start the day, but it did get better at least.(y) I have to change the flexplate in the truck since I found out it's cracked.:bigtears:
DSCF1296.JPG DSCF1297.JPG DSCF1298.JPG

Wow, sounds a lot like what goes on here in San Diego everyday. Your so lucky this only happens once in a great moon where you live.... :D

In my city we have two seasons, winter and construction, which is why I don't drive the GN to work and only use it some evenings and the occasional weekend. I hate traffic!