how much would I run on the 1/4 mile

lachachmtl

Hi guys, i have had the car for about 7and half years but never took it for a 1/4 mile run. why you ask? well not much $$$ to do so,kind of far from my house,maybe a little lazyness,and i usally raced in the streets.

here is what i have in the car.

160 % thermostat
MSD wires
pitbull chip from applied technologies 21 PSI on first gear
high volume fuel pump from Poston
adjustable fuel pressure regulator from Poston at 40 pounds with vacum off
gutted out catylic converter with dynomax exhaust,1 muffler
9 inch K & N air filter
center line mags wich are alot lighter ( i could pick them up with 2 fingers )
tires; Dunlop SP 8000, 245-15-50

ps.if i knew it was that hard to find a tire that size, i wouldve bought 16 inch mags.wasnt sure about the clearance .

ps,nothign else ,ran out of cash a few years ago lol

how much do you think i would run on a quarter mile with a good take off on fair weather ,maybe 15-20 celcius not more ( this car hates heat )

what would be the difference with slicks?

i was thinking 12.85 in good running condition ith new wires,plugs,cleaned out throttle body,new gas filter,taking out the spare tire and jack from trunk for weight and without my buddy Cosimo who weighs in the 300 pounds lol

I wouldn't think any better than 13.50's if the car runs very strong. With slicks, maybe a 13.0.

if these cars came stock say running low 14's @ 15 psi and now he's got exhaust gutted cat,after market chip,open k&n filter and running 21 psi now
if it's running good high 12's should almost be a give me...

short on info

I dont see what you have. :confused: "I have a car"is vague, is it hot air or IC? I think you need a little more info to get a better answer.

Where can i see info on a turbo tweek chip ? how much PSI of boost does it give you?

most after market chips give like 17-18 ,i get alot more then that with the pitbull,but i did buy it as soon as i got the car ,wich was about 7 and half years ago,so there is probably something better now, but the chip works fine,never had a problem with it.

how can i run 13,50 when the car is suppose to pull 13,4 stock? thats what was written in the Auto Guide specs.

What you run and what the car is capable of are two different things.
Going to the track for the 1st time can be intimidating.
Don't worry about the times you run but the MPH you make.
MPH-HP
It takes a good 60ft to run 12s.

i agree with the 13.5......and that is if you can get a 60' less than 2.1 on those tires. these cars were about 14.6 stock.......just put a stock chip back in and see why. also i doubt you can get 18-19 lbs of boost just off the chip. the stock spring at stock length can only hold about 16. you might be seeing 18 for a second in first gear when you get on it but you will settle back to 16 or so with the stock wastegate.

I'm telling you what I have seen and experienced myself. My car ran 14.9's new and stock at 4500' elevation.
With the cat replaced with a test pipe, a 9" K&N, 23psi, and on 275-50-15's, the car would run a best of 13.8@102. This was also on 100 octane.

The only reason I'm giving you 13.5 is because I assume that you are at sea level or close to it. Take it to the track and see where you stand.

Going to the track is fun. you'll get addicted. :cool:

I have had three cars with the turbo buick power plant. I would say that with good skill and your mods with a good tune your in the mid to high 13's. :redface: It would really surprise me if you reached low 13's. But what the hell go knock yourself out trying, thats where the fun is!!! :) :)

With those short tires and original valve springs you may not hit 100 mph. If you don't have a scan tool/scan master get one before you go to the track. 21# of boost on a pit-bull chip with 91 - 93 octane gas will cause damage to the motor.