how much will it take?

KillrV6

Former owner
hey guys

well the TE44 is now on my car, and i just hit 170k miles.

with the stock turbo i ran a 12.4@106 1.7 60 ft on drag radials, 100 octane and 20 PSI.

with the TE44 in similar settings, am i in danger of fraging my motor all over the pavement? im starting to worry just because...

i meen the car runs smooth, i allways change the oil and take care of it, i replaced the valve springs and timing chain with quality parts when i got it.

am i to the point where i am in danger of major mechanical failure?

I think youll be ok, just watch the knock. There are people with the same milage who run 11's with no problem, you just have to be more carefull than if you had a fresh engine. The TE-44 is a good street turbo that isnt too extreme so it shouldnt put much more strain on the engine than the stock one did. I think youll be very happy with the TE-44 ;)

BOOSTD

oh, one more thing. next time you change your oil, you should drop your oil pan and check it for sedament in the bottom. Silver and Gold flakes in the bottom mean a rebuild is in order. If you see flakes, youll be ok for street driving, but just dont be hauling arss down the drag strip every weekend :)

My motor has 103,000 and I run 22# of boost w/100UL on the street and 26# w/116 at the track with my TE-44 (that's all she'll blow). I have many low 12 and high 11 second passes on the car.