How much power with a 6265?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these are untrue numbers

Here is the thing to remember, if Bison posts hp numbers for several different turbos and uses the same dyno under similar conditions it is valuable information to see output of one turbo compared to another no matter if the dyno he uses is a happy dyno or not. Shory storry some years ago I dyno a customers car using a very conservative local dyno, with in days another group of guys dynoed another car with a very similar build on a different dyno. The dyno numbers were almost exactly 100hp different. We all met at a track that weekend to do some testing, the results were both cars ets and mph were so similar that from passs to pass either timeslip could have neen the others. Hope this helps to make my point clear.

Take care, Kip

Here is the thing to remember, if Bison posts hp numbers for several different turbos and uses the same dyno under similar conditions it is valuable information to see output of one turbo compared to another no matter if the dyno he uses is a happy dyno or not. Shory storry some years ago I dyno a customers car using a very conservative local dyno, with in days another group of guys dynoed another car with a very similar build on a different dyno. The dyno numbers were almost exactly 100hp different. We all met at a track that weekend to do some testing, the results were both cars ets and mph were so similar that from passs to pass either timeslip could have neen the others. Hope this helps to make my point clear.

Take care, Kip
If the fuel consumption on those 2 cars was looked at it would likely be within 2%. If i put my cars on a dyno with an electric brake I'd be able to load them harder and drive into the converter harder/faster and show a higher hp number.

My guess was fabricated also... 710

I do not have a dog in this fight, but my 710 number was not fabricated, it was calculated. :cool:;)
Over the years, I have actually found the calculated numbers to be pretty close to actual.

What is amazing is running calcs for a SII motor.
These motors are so BAD @$$ that it throws the std. calculations for a loop!
Point is; The calculated numbers are so low sometimes, but the time slips indicate the reality. :cool:

I have always wondered why Duttweiler (ZERO disrespect intended) has such low numbers on his builds.
His tunes must be very conservative. :confused:

I do not have a dog in this fight, but my 710 number was not fabricated, it was calculated. :cool:;)
Over the years, I have actually found the calculated numbers to be pretty close to actual.

What is amazing is running calcs for a SII motor.
These motors are so BAD @$$ that it throws the std. calculations for a loop!
Point is; The calculated numbers are so low sometimes, but the time slips indicate the reality. :cool:

I have always wondered why Duttweiler (ZERO disrespect intended) has such low numbers on his builds.
His tunes must be very conservative. :confused:
It's doubtful Duttweiler uses dynos to get the most out of his engines. Probably just looking looking for proper function if the systems and wastegates. A lot of what he builds would overpower most dynos

id really like to see this motor run a small set of twins .. i know you got a set bison .. lets see it .. i love the backpressure motor's .. its more of a hang on thing .. i took a board member here for a ride in one of my cars .. i told him to to put his head back against the head rest just before launching at 5psi off the brake .. he didnt listen and got a nice knott on his head and said something about being dizzie .. havent heard from him sinse..

Bison, to you plan to back these dyno numbers up with time slips?
There is nothing open within about 200 miles of here till April and even then its not worth it for me to take the time to drive that far since the closest is still over 2 hrs away. Ill be running the car at the strip as frequently as i can but its not likely ill post my times on here unless im going to benefit from it. Ill leak results as needed but its not just going to get posted. If anyone wants to pay me $500/day ill take a day off of work and take the car to Atco asap and share the result. Its not going to happen on my time and $ though. I will street race just about anyone on here who has a legitimate street car if they want to make the DRIVE here sans trailer. Fwiw 700whp=138-139mph with this car.

There is nothing open within about 200 miles of here till April and even then its not worth it for me to take the time to drive that far since the closest is still over 2 hrs away. Ill be running the car at the strip as frequently as i can but its not likely ill post my times on here unless im going to benefit from it. Ill leak results as needed but its not just going to get posted. If anyone wants to pay me $500/day ill take a day off of work and take the car to Atco asap and share the result. Its not going to happen on my time and $ though. I will street race just about anyone on here who has a legitimate street car if they want to make the DRIVE here sans trailer.

LOL, you sure know how to(let me be polite) word your way around things. You a had the same type of reasoning not to enter a car in THS to show them it was a low nine second car class. The posted time/street racing thing I understand for most guys but you have already posted the dyno numbers which would easily give the people wanting to race you a ballpark estimate on your ET. Now I'm not sure if you're calling me out but Im not dragging my butt way up to CT to street race you. However I will be at Norwalk! Show up, there with a 6265 in THS legal trim and get in the class like I will be! My car will be a legitimate street car(that doesn't mean much in Chicago)and we can make a gentlemans bet on the side. Im a simple guy, $50 to $300 is my limit. If that's not enough... sorry. It's a new combo, I don't know what it will run. I may win I may not. Nor going to hide or bite my words though.:biggrin: If I lose I guess I won't have money to blow on the for sale items in the pits.... big deal!

LOL, you sure know how to(let me be polite) word your way around things. You a had the same type of reasoning not to enter a car in THS to show them it was a low nine second car class. The posted time/street racing thing I understand for most guys but you have already posted the dyno numbers which would easily give the people wanting to race you a ballpark estimate on your ET. Now I'm not sure if you're calling me out but Im not dragging my butt way up to CT to street race you. However I will be at Norwalk! Show up, there with a 6265 in THS legal trim and get in the class like I will be! My car will be a legitimate street car(that doesn't mean much in Chicago)and we can make a gentlemans bet on the side. Im a simple guy, $50 to $300 is my limit. If that's not enough... sorry. It's a new combo, I don't know what it will run. I may win I may not. Nor going to hide or bite my words though.:biggrin: If I lose I guess I won't have money to blow on the for sale items in the pits.... big deal!
This wasnt a THS legal build or ever intended to be. If i showed up to run THS i wouldnt be running a 6265 or the engine that i ran in this thread. It will take more power than that to be at the top of THS. But you never know i might show up there :biggrin:.

This wasnt a THS legal build or ever intended to be. If i showed up to run THS i wouldnt be running a 6265 or the engine that i ran in this thread. It will take more power than that to be at the top of THS. But you never know i might show up there :biggrin:.

I understand. I'm not trying to make trouble on your thread. Glad you didn't take it that way. Let's carry on...:cool:

Dan.. Just get otto to write you a letter and post that ..turbo's are like 2 ply toilet paper ..some under perform ..but the one's that over perform ..you can really clean up with ..

I understand. I'm not trying to make trouble on your thread. Glad you didn't take it that way. Let's carry on...:cool:
I can take it as well as i dish it out. No harm done. You never have to be worried about offending me :biggrin: .

What are you testing next ? May i ask ?
I might be doing some pulls with a throw together engine in my blue car. Its the same as the one i ran last summer till it took out #1 except i freshened it. Running the 60-1 and looking for 550whp@23-24psi. A stock short block with the same heads and cam i used on this engine would make about 90-95% of the power this one did. When i get this one back ill re-dyno and see what the ex wheel gets me

If anyone wants to pay me $500/day ill take a day off of work and take the car to Atco asap and share the result. I will street race just about anyone on here who has a legitimate street car if they want to make the DRIVE here sans trailer. Fwiw 700whp=138-139mph with this car.

9:00 AM to 4:30 PM is a LONG TIME, if you include a few hours of tuning time on the sponsors car, I am sure some one will take you up on it.

Street racers are generally a pain in the neck on the info sharing department You not so much, which leads me to think that this is just teaser material to what you have going behind the scenes in the "No cameras allowed" section of the garage.

Any which way thanks for the info that you have posted.

9:00 AM to 4:30 PM is a LONG TIME, if you include a few hours of tuning time on the sponsors car, I am sure some one will take you up on it.

Street racers are generally a pain in the neck on the info sharing department You not so much, which leads me to think that this is just teaser material to what you have going behind the scenes in the "No cameras allowed" section of the garage.

Any which way thanks for the info that you have posted.
The saying goes you dont bring a knife to a gun fight. Yw

Status
Not open for further replies.