how much nitrous can a 109 block take?w/alky

blackstallion

Anyone running nitrous does alky and nitrous work well together or nitrous and race gas be a better combo,does anybody have a nitrous combo.And how much 50/75/100 shot?I have plans to run nitrous on my buick just wanted some info:D

100% stock block? I would say 650-700 Flywheel is the limit HP wise. On Nitrous, probably 600 flywheel due to the way it hits the motor.

Better run octane, and watch your tune.

Girdle the block, steel caps, forged pistons, etc.. that number changes.

i've been using it for a little while, running between a 50 and 80 hp, edelbrock doesnt' know and they made the system. i called once asking for 50 shot, again asking for 75 and they gave me the same jet sizes...:rolleyes:

works great, instant spool more than anything.

i've played around with smaller jets and dont' get the same spool up. right now i have something like a 20 hp and can't even feel it working, no gain in spool. i really thing 50 is the magic number.

but do step up the fuel jet one or down one on the nitrous jet. for some reason it likes burning up my spark plugs at the recomended jetting.

Being i just blew a head gasket from blowing off a hose and then not noticing the pvc hose was off and Juicing it 150 shot with 25psi+ I decided to freshen the motor . All the main and rod bearings looked good and ive been squeezing the car the whole summer with the 100 shot and high boost with C 16 so if you want run Nitrous you will be safe with a 100 shot ,the 50 or 75 i dont see the point . ive sprayed the 150 on street tires but it just blew them away , the 150 might be pushing it if the car hooks . as far as doing it with alky that youll have to let me know . I was using a 20 deg chip and C 16 .