How Much HP will it make?

I tuned the car and saw the numbers for myself. The funny thing is, when I finished tuning in Seattle the day before, there were rumours that the dyno there was generous too.
No two cars are the same. The WBO2 on the dyno was around a half a point diferent than the XFI's. Jason's timing was 2 degrees off until I corrected it in the XFI. Engine management, camshaft, compression, convertor, can all make a diference.

I tuned the car and saw the numbers for myself. The funny thing is, when I finished tuning in Seattle the day before, there were rumours that the dyno there was generous too.
No two cars are the same. The WBO2 on the dyno was around a half a point diferent than the XFI's. Jason's timing was 2 degrees off until I corrected it in the XFI. Engine management, camshaft, compression, convertor, can all make a diference.

My combo.

Don Cruz Built Girdled 109
Solid Roller camshaft Grind is Secret to DLS
Forged Bottom End.
DLS External Oiling System
GN1"R" Heads With T&D Shaft Mounted Rocker Arms.
"Custom" Valve Springs.
Precision Plenum.
Accufab TB.
TA Headers. (Stainless)
Meziere Electric Water Pump.
BHC Balancer.
JW Racing Breather Assembly.
JW Racing Up Pipe.
RJC 4 Inch Stainless Exhaust.
JW Racing 3.5 Inch Stainless DP.
PTE 71 MM HPS DBB 4 Bolt Turbo
Remote Oiling System.
JW Racing Cold Air Kit.
RJC I-475 FMIC.
Dual SPal Fans.
Aluminum Radiator.
CSR Mini Starter.

TRANSMISSION

Billey 2004R
Art Carr Aluminum Deep pan.
PTC 9.5 NL Converter 3,500 stall.

REAR END

Moser Axles with C-Clips.
Eaton Posi 3.42's.

ECM

XFI Black Box Lastest.
Internal Data Logger.
Thumb Wheel.

BOOST CONTROL

AMS 1000.
Deadenbear Co2
Tial 44 mm WG.
Tial 50 mm BOV

FUEL SYSTEM

Double Pumper in Tank.
Champion Billet Fuel Rails.
Accufab FP Regulator.
Razors Dual Alky Kit.
PTE 95 LB. Injectors.
Fuel Pressure gauge set at 42psi.

all runs were at 24psi/21* alky set on max, AFR right around 10.9-11.0, injector Duty cycle only showed 58%, Motor is strong as hell as we know Don can build them right.

Now tell me, how does my combo compare to yours? ;)

Perhaps I need your magic fingers come touch my Laptop's keyboard to tune my car. :D

Like Cal said.. "rumors of a dyno being generous" will always be there. Dyno's are a tool for tuning, not necessarily as true measurement of how much power the car makes.

Its pretty simple really. We know by the dyno numbers what the car "should" run in the quarter. When and IF he runs the car the video will tell the story of the real power its making and putting to the ground by computing the weight, et and mph, not the dyno.

Perhaps I need your magic fingers come touch my Laptop's keyboard to tune my car. :D

Wow with your build maybe you should.. I can tell you from first hand expierance Cal makes ALL the differance in the world!:D

Dyno numbers are good for tuning and bench racing. I dealt with it building Harley's. The dyno I used, my 103" put down more than the 113" and 120" engines were doing, so I knew I was doing something right. On the forums and "bike night racers", my bike was down 15 to 30hp than the "other guys" builds. I then discovered the dyno 45 mins away made up that power and then some. 30hp for driving 45mins and not getting dirty, not too bad.

I also noticed there are alot of Mustangs at our local cruise in with 700+ rwhp dyno sheets. The fastest one ran low 11's.
Dyno brand, correction, STD vs SAE, smoothing will all cause different numbers.

Chill out on fighting over dyno numbers. Numbers from different dynos in different areas should not be compared. Numbers from the same dyno, the same day, or atleast the same general conditions can be compared. I could be upset too, I know my car doesn't put that down:tongue:. There are dynos that low 9 sec cars barely break 600.

Not trying to be rude, it was the WAY It was said "I'd like to see proof" like it was un true. I will run it as soon as a track open in my area. Cal without a doubt is worth the $$$ especially since you're that deep in your car. FWIW my car made more power then a blown alcohol big block on the same dyno... Talk about hurt feelings! :eek:

Not trying to be rude, it was the WAY It was said "I'd like to see proof" like it was un true. I will run it as soon as a track open in my area. Cal without a doubt is worth the $$$ especially since you're that deep in your car. FWIW my car made more power then a blown alcohol big block on the same dyno... Talk about hurt feelings! :eek:

Let me Break it to you this way, my buddy here owns a stage II yes stage II 4.1 TA alluminum block, fully ported TA heads street eliminators, with a 3.625 stroker kit and 224/224 cam hydraulic roller lifters and rockers, XFI tuned by one of the best here in the west coast., On 16.5 PSI and around 20* on pump gas and alky, he put down 600 RWHP right on the button, with that said: what you are telling us is that you put down 593rwhp which is only 7hp less than him with less boost and timing and with a stock stroke and smaller CI motor? :rolleyes:, como'n dude, either the dyno was being very gracious to your car like Cal Said or something is definetly wrong with the way the dyno recorded the run, your Dyno numbers make no sense in comparision to my friends combo and horse power, which btw is no Joke..go do another session at a different dyno and report back with some real world numbers, or take it to the track and if your car Runs 9.70/9.80's range which it should with 730 RWHP then we know the HP numbers you got were legit. ;)

We'll see when I run it, no doubt. This is what this dyno said and that's all I know for now.

Heres the dyno sheet.

For all the people here wondering this is the dyno sheet from L8TRH8R's dyno day. It was in a file format that would not let him upload it so i changed it over and am now posting it up.
A friend of mine had his 73 440 cuda with minor bolt ons on this same dyno and it made 285 which is pretty normal so i find it hard to believe that this dyno is being too generous. No two will read the same. This combo just seems to work very well! Ive been in the car and it pulls HARD!!!!

Attachments

• Jasons Regal.jpg
    Jasons Regal.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 410
I'm not doubting the numbers. You've got the equipment to make the power. Throwing money at a car with the fanciest parts doesn't make power. Tuning what you have sure does. And your stuff was literally dialed in!

I do have a couple observations though that could clear some things up. You locked the converter on the dyno. Locking the converter is worth some HP depending on the converter. No slippage. When I used to run the 9/11 converter, it made 50-60 HP more locked vs unlocked. I have some dyno slips to prove it. I'm sure most of the other guys here are running non-lockup converters which don't load up or couple the way it would at the track therefore the numbers will appear low. The load on the dyno is not anywhere near what you'd see on a 1/4 mile pass.

So yes I believe your car did it however I also feel you're going to blow through your converter and not reach the full potential of your combo at the track. I must say these new billet wheel turbos are impressing me with every thread I read about them. I might have to get one myself. ;)

I've had my car on this dyno before as well, stock heads with big valves 212/212 flat tap same connecting arms and pistons gtk850 turbo at 18 psi made 360/360 I posted that here as well. As Grumpy says, " It's always the tuna!"

L8THH8R, don't let the nay sayers spoil this thread. I say GOOD FOR YOU and congrats on a spot on combo/tune. Only jealious people would want to throw water on this.

Let me Break it to you this way, my buddy here owns a stage II yes stage II 4.1 TA alluminum block, fully ported TA heads street eliminators, with a 3.625 stroker kit and 224/224 cam hydraulic roller lifters and rockers, XFI tuned by one of the best here in the west coast., On 16.5 PSI and around 20* on pump gas and alky, he put down 600 RWHP right on the button, with that said: what you are telling us is that you put down 593rwhp which is only 7hp less than him with less boost and timing and with a stock stroke and smaller CI motor? :rolleyes:, como'n dude, either the dyno was being very gracious to your car like Cal Said or something is definetly wrong with the way the dyno recorded the run, your Dyno numbers make no sense in comparision to my friends combo and horse power, which btw is no Joke..go do another session at a different dyno and report back with some real world numbers, or take it to the track and if your car Runs 9.70/9.80's range which it should with 730 RWHP then we know the HP numbers you got were legit. ;)
@ Pronto, thanks, I couldnt agree more. Comparing
Me to a mustang guy too, thats about the worst put down there is!!! :mad: why wouldn't other TR guys BE HAPPY that a combo is getting it done?? Thought I read that Bison had a 700whp motor with a 66mm, please chime in if that was incorrect Brian. Cal said there were rumors of a generous dyno in Seattle, I'm in Montana. Also, your sig says your "trying to get this t to finally run" maybe YOU don't have YOUR set up working right. Not my issue if you and your friend wanna spend 25k plus for parts but not spend for a tune. I spent the cash and have some #'s I'm pleased with.

Here's a more detailed list of my build.
Stock block decked and honed, computer balanced and blue printed. BHJ dampner, Eagle stoke stroke crank polished and heat treated. Needed a lot to actually work without leaking, RJC girdle, hydraulic 212/212 Comp roller and lifters, GN1 heads, 1:65 t&d rockers, stock porter intake to match heads, accufab 70mm tb and plenum, ta oiling system and front cover, ATR header and 3" dp to dual 3" exhaust, pte6765H billet turbo, dual m15's on a razor kit, RJC deep pan, and executive series pullies, PTC 3000 L/U, Extreme automatics stg3 trans, Denny's 1350 chrome moly drive line with billet yokes, to Moser's with a ta rear girdle. Um heres one big difference in our combo's, XFI tuned by CAL HARTLINE.

Next time Cal is in town i will have him take a look at my tune which i believe is right on the money but will have him take a look nontheless.
Now get that puppy to the track and lets see what it will do, timeslips will tell us the whole story not dyno numbers, I believe your combo is nothing short of special and many other people here have it if not have surpassed it without claiming 730rwhp on 24psi and low timing, hence my questioning about the numbers being a bit off, i have told a few people about your 593rwhp@14psi 18* timing then they ask if this was done with a Stage stroker motor, but when I tell them your combo they laught about it and say its impossible, and these are credible guys who built turbo motors for a living and know what they are doing..

PS: Don't believe what the signature says. ;)

I had one last over 2 years over 600 hp. It was well over 700hp for it's last 3 months. #1 piston cracked. The engine never saw any detonation ever.

This was with a stock bottom end.

Next time Cal is in town i will have him take a look at my tune which i believe is right on the money but will have him take a look nontheless.
Now get that puppy to the track and lets see what it will do, timeslips will tell us the whole story not dyno numbers, I believe your combo is nothing short of special and many other people here have it if not have surpassed it without claiming 730rwhp on 24psi and low timing, hence my questioning about the numbers being a bit off, i have told a few people about your 593rwhp@14psi 18* timing then they ask if this was done with a Stage stroker motor, but when I tell them your combo they laught about it and say its impossible, and these are credible guys who built turbo motors for a living and know what they are doing..

PS: Don't believe what the signature says. ;)

How about I post after going to the track and you find another thread to hate on til then. You and your buddy's opinions mean jack chit to me. The dyno sheet is there, there were several witnesses to the run. I'm well aware of dyno's reading differently and will count on the track. It's not lime I was bragging these numbers up, just reporting what happened at MY tuning session. Talked to another guy here this AM who had his 2010 kenne belle procharged mistake on the SAME dyno the day before I was there, at 18 psi he made 670rwhp. Sounds about correct to me. So for now why don't you GO AWAY.

hmmm, not implying that you are lying but my combo is comparable to yours if not better due to the fact that I have fully race ported GN1R heads and it only made 600 rwhp at 24psi/21* timing, 91 octane and razors dual nozzle, AFR was right at 10.9 to 11.0 with an 71hps dbb with billet wheels, Dusty B NL 3,500 stall, I dont see how locking up your convertor would yield another 130rwhp more than my setup but everything is possible, so lets see that dyno run of the 730rwhp my man. :biggrin:

I made 687whp with 24psi/24* on a stock stroke with 9.3:1, 66 turbo, and PTC 9.5" . At a little over 700whp the car went 114mph in the eighth weighing 3600lbs. Locking the converter in his car is worth upwards of 10% on the dyno. Maybe more believe it or not. Showing more power on the dyno does not mean it will be quicker either. I doubt his 10" converter will couple effectively on the strip and wont last long at all if he locks it under that power. I doubt the dyno was off. The last time i heard that locally the same car wound up on another dyno (both were dynojets) 2 days later and made 2 more whp. The dyno is used as a tuning tool. Its not a drag race. Look at the variation between the widebands that Cal saw. Id guess he used the # the XFI was giving him to set his targets. The highest hp cars typically have the most potential to go fast and almost always mph higher than lower hp/heavier cars. Ive seen plenty of Supras struggle to run 9's but trapped well over 150mph and put down wayyyy more than a 9 sec TR would. On another note i made 601whp with an iron headed 7.5:1 engine with a 6665 turbo, 218/218 cam and @26psi/21* a few weeks ago. We routinely see 600whp with stock stroke engines, Champion iron heads, 65 trim exhaust turbo and 26-28psi boost. If it comes out less than 600whp on those conservative levels we know something is wrong. More often than not when its under 600whp the converter is the culprit. The car that made 601 made 556 with the old converter and it was @28psi and it peaked 400rpm later. 2 psi less and 400rpm less and it picked up 45whp. Fwiw it had an unlocked 9x11 in it before and a 16 blade PTC 9.5" later.

I had one last over 2 years over 600 hp. It was well over 700hp for it's last 3 months. #1 piston cracked. The engine never saw any detonation ever.

This was with a stock bottom end.

Lol. I think you were quoting me here. You even got my sig