How much fuel from return lines?

2QWIK4U

I installed a new fuel pump a few days ago and noticed that there seemed to be a lot of fuel come from the return line. Ive never noticed that much in the past but its been a long time since Ive had the tank out and maybe its just normal. Im chasing a low O2 millivolts condition at WOT and wondering if theyre related.

The more your pump flows, and the more your fuel demand stays the same, the more that will be returned to the tank.

The more your pump flows, and the more your fuel demand stays the same, the more that will be returned to the tank.
That's not what he's asking. He means when the tank was down fuel was draining out. It can vary by how much fuel is in the tank and how much pressure has built up. . I loosen the fuel cap. this let's any built up pressure out of the tank. If not done it will start to siphon and will leak until the return pipe is uncovered in the tank.

I don't think this is part of your problem, just normal stuff to deal with when dropping the tank.

That's not what he's asking. He means when the tank was down fuel was draining out. It can vary by how much fuel is in the tank and how much pressure has built up. . I loosen the fuel cap. this let's any built up pressure out of the tank. If not done it will start to siphon and will leak until the return pipe is uncovered in the tank.

I don't think this is part of your problem, just normal stuff to deal with when dropping the tank.
Well then. I think his tank should be permanently fully vented much better. Meaning, loose the charcoal canister and vent directly to the atmosphere.

Gravity is a "biatch".:smuggrin:
As long as the return line end is below the level in the tank, it'll continue to flow.
The tank best not be sealed up.;)