How much boost can a deltagate actually control?

Timberwolf

I have a deltagate I got with the car. Has a number 9 spring in it. The turbo I am using now is a PT61. I figure on running somewhere between 22 and 28psi depending on the mood I am in that day, the tune, fuel, etc.

Can a deltagate control that much boost? What about the stock gate? Can you run both?

If this deltagate won't handle the boost I'll sell it and be on the lookout for what will, so any recommendations are welcome.

have a close friend run one. his car runs low elevens with a 61 turbo. that was at low boost though 21lbs i believe. they are only rated at 350-400 hp i think. id step it up to a race gate.

Well, this is kind of touchy, (In my opinion) I have seen buicks runnin HD stock style wategates and 25+ psi with 70MM turbos, and guys runnin Deltagates with stock turbos... So, it all depends on how each wastegate reats to your combo. I run a TE63-1 turbo with a race gate, and it has supurb boost control even at boost levels in excess of 30psi :D . But I've also run the same combo previously with twin Delta gates, as well as a single deltagate, and really don't think that on my car two worked any better than one. I would try the deltagate if you already have one, and see how well it holds constant boost through the gears, start low and work your way up. I would believe you'll be fine with it until over 25psi, but it may work fine even higher. If not, you could use in conjunction with your stocker, but I would recommend just upgrading to a racegate or a teil-

My two cents-

Thanks for reminding me too, I need to go back to the track one more time, and make some 35psi passes! :cool: