How much boost are you all runnin' on 93 octane?

Well, with my thrasher 92 I can run 21 psi on pump gas (until 3rd that is).

I got lead proof o2s and run about half and half of 106 race gas and 91 pump mixed and 0 knock all the time.

The reason you can get higher boost is from lower timing.

hmmm. my car has very little done to it. see signature. i am installing dual solenoids for the BstC soon also since i do not have an adjustable wastegate rod. i think i am going to try 17-18lbs at least once at the track. seems like i will be fine with the RJC PP and some ethanol enriched 93 w/ xylene.;)

ok..along with the max amount of boost on pump gas..Is there a "best" spot to mount a boost gauge ?? I'm not 100% sure that my gauge is accurate and would like to get a new 30lb gauge and re run the line and try to avoid damaging my motor(anymore than I might have already!!)...Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance.

jb

Originally posted by Jbenn911
ok..along with the max amount of boost on pump gas..Is there a "best" spot to mount a boost gauge ?? I'm not 100% sure that my gauge is accurate and would like to get a new 30lb gauge and re run the line and try to avoid damaging my motor(anymore than I might have already!!)...Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance.

jb

Mount it where you can see it while trying to keep the car straight at the same time. ;) :D

LOL..ok..maybe I should have had my coffee before dropping that last post in..What I am looking for is the optimum spot to "t" the vacuum line in..When I get the new boost gauge, I would like to re run the line and am trying to get a more accurate spot for it. Thanks !..Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but my car seems to like to run around 18-20 on 93 octane with a red's chip and I dont want to damage the engine more than I already have..LOL..

I'm running an factory 1989 TTA chip in my 87 Grand National.
This chip has 16/17 lbs. of boost and 26* timing (no boost control,everything else is stock)
I mix a little VP 110 octane with pump gas 93
seems to like it.

Everyone will call BS on me, but I can run 23lbs with 25 degrees timing on 89 Octane pump gas and alky, dial turned to about 8. Ive seen about .7 degrees of KR at the most. Ive cut the rolled lips off the up-pipe cause it seemed like a major source of turbulence. Turbulence= heat. I also bellmouthed my Dutt neck inlet, and the outlet. Deburred the TB inlet, and a whole bunch of little things, trying to keep things flowing smoothly and in turn keep heat down. It seems to be working. No power plate. Just a 1/2" plenum spacer. I keep it a bit on the rich side. 820-850mv O2's. Now to call BS on myself. This is in 1st and 2nd gear. I havent taken it to third cause I havent put my fuel pump in yet. The O2's dont drop, so the previous owner may have put a decent pump in there. But Im not going to push it and find out the hard way.

I was getting a some knock (2-3) at 15 lb's w/the stock injectors and a RA93 chip. I got some 42lb injectors and a TurboTweak chip on a trade and put them in last night. Car idles smoother than I thought possible (Compared to the pseudo big cam idle it had before), and was at 17lbs with no knock last night. I might try to goose it up a little, but might leave well enough alone until I can afford the TA49, alky and THDP that I want.

Car is mostly stock w/ a Walbro340, Accufab regulator.

Man! this is a lonngggg thread!

Anyway. I run 21# of boost on straight 93 octane. I'm not an alky user, pure gas.
Actually I run 21 in 1st and 2nd, and 19 in 3rd and 4th.

wicked pissa old school thread from 2002 from some really knowledgable guys...some of you gurus still posting, thats cool man :cool:

old-thread-batman.jpg