How many points are needed?

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
In my s10 for a low 10 to high high 9 sec pass? I have read several different things and want to know for sure..Keep in mind I will be driving this truck on the street some as it is just a fun daily driver..

10s you only need a roll bar provided the body isnt modified or convertible, read the rule book as NHRA class racing rules overide general rules

the roll bar is typically reffered to as a 6point setup but you only needs 5 points of frame contact in that it doesnt require a passenger door bar but most do it anyway to stiffen the vehicle , and you need to weld the bar to the frame as you would on a regal ,

9s anything (9.99 or faster ) requires a roll cage and a Comp License a window net as well as other required safety items to the chassis the driveline, and the driver apparel and helmet
, the roll cage for 9.99 to 8.50 in an s10 will have 6 points of frame contact like the roll bar but also have A-pillar bars and halo --note halos are for dirt.. drag cars usually do A-pillar bars that run from floor at the base of the door bar up the A-pillar then back to the main hoop with a cross bar along windshield . A roll cage is usually referred to as an 8 point setup. a roll cage needs to be NHRA certified (by appointment and a fee) and if it passes it receives a certification sticker that needs recerted every 3yrs, certified the roll cage will be good from 9.99 to 8.50, no cert no license and the track is supposed to limit you to 10.00 or slower if they feel it meets the rules for a 'roll bar' as thats left to local tech approval based on the nhra rules , if they dont like it they can restrict you to 11.50 as if you didnt have any bars

before building a bar or a cage i suggest you refer to rule book on construction materials and accepted design limitations , or find a competent shop that has done them for racers in your area

Ill look into the bar setup a little more kinda want it to keep a street truck look.