how many hotairs ?

85T coming home

Well adding to my family A.S.A.P. an 85T coming home. I already have an 87GN loaded, and this 85T is completely rebuilt and ready for me.. ANYONE that knows a reliable shipper to transport my new member (85T) to me here in Dallas,TX from Florida.. I would appreciate all the responses that you can give..Wanting it home this coming week if possible. Thanks ahead of time. Tony > Oh i didn't notice awhole lot of 85T's on here seems to be alot of 84TR's... my 85T is Frost Beige (#59) with a tan interior. every option except it has a solid roof.

Got three of 'em.

84 GN - In storage, awaiting engine rebuild and paint.
85 T-Type - Parked next to the GN. Spun rod bearing.
85 T-Type - Bad Powermonster brake booster and rusty as heck. (will be back on the road soon)

Aloha from Hawaii,
Tom

Hot Air Riv

Hey, there a few of us turbo Riv owners, too. Ours are also hot air cars, with a little more emphasis on "class". (For those who are not familiar with the GS Club of America, their motto is "Going Fast with Class"). My Riv T Type is an 85 with 95K. It has been sitting in my garage for almost 2 years and I'm trying to resurrect her.

So far I've replaced the radiator, plugs and plug wires, all the belts and hoses (including the miles of vacuum lines), the water pump, and the fuel pump. I've also had the header cracks welded and rebuilt the turbocharger. Rebuilding the turbo was pretty easy, but getting the turbo in and out is a BIG pain. Unlike the G bodies, the E body turbo is between the engine and firewall. There is almost no maneuvering room to attach the turbo to the downpipe.

My current challenge is getting fuel to the engine. I'm trying to troubleshoot the new fuel pump installation. I've used the test hookup and hear the pump run, but am not getting any fuel to the engine. My next move is to fill the fuel rail and fuel lines with fuel in the hope that this will help the pump draw fuel from the tank (filling the lines on a siphon speeds up that process).

Over 70 "Hot-Air" members at the "Hot-Air" website and still growing!

http://communities.msn.com/HotAirTurboBuickWebsite

85 GN

I have an 85 that I've owned since I ordered it in May '85. It has about 90k miles, always garaged, runs great.:cool:

how many hotairs?

I have a stock 84 T that just turned 130,000 when I got home tonight. An 85 T with new engine, trans, converter, turbo-all stock rebuilds. An 85 GN with lots of goodies...but doesn't run like it anymore. :(

84 ttype made to look like a gn.

few mods; fuel pump arriving soon.

Dave

85 GN usual upgrades
84 T bone stock fer now!
85 Regal with 87 I/C motor bone stock fer now!

hot air

85'GN. WE "HOT AIR"PEOPLE ARE FEW, AND MUST NOT TRY TO SEPERATE OURSELVES FROM THE I/C PEOPLE. WE ARE ONE IN THE SAME. WE ALL SHARE THE TURBO BUICK SPIRIT.I ALSO SEEM TO HEAR ALOT ABOUT HOW SLOW THE 84'/85' CARS ARE.I HAD MY 85' 7 YEARS BEFORE I LEARNED HOW TO TUNE IT.I COULD NOT GET IN TO THE 9S' IN A 8TH' TO SAVE MY LIFE.THEN I GOT A OTC 4000E, AND THINGS CHANGED.WITHOUT ANY THING DONE EXCEPT A TUNE UP IT WENT TO 9.20S'.I AM NOW AFTER 12 OR SO YEARS, GETTING TO DO EVERYTHING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO.I HOPE TO GO 12S',AND THATS NOT SLOW.EVEN IF IT DONT I WILL LOVE MY GN BECAUSE IT IS THE BADDEST BLACK CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN.LOVE THOES TURBO BUICKS!I ALSO HAVE A 83' T-TYPE THAT IS FOR SALE.