How long can a fuel pump sit before....

Tom87GN

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!!!!
it's not feasible to use it? I've got a Walbro 340 that has been out of a tank for over a year and am wondering if I should be buying a new one instead. Any issues with the rubber parts getting hard and brittle due to being submerged in gasoline and then dried out?

Thanks in advance for any replies that help my decision. This board rocks!

My experience pump inside car not running for long period of time change pump.
Pump removed from car ok, I have used both Reds and TA pump
that sat removed from car 1 to 2yrs later. Both pumps were
still strong.

If you are going to throw it away, give it to me. I have alot of plans for junk like that.

It's probably still good. Can you open it up to check?
Scott

I had one that froze up solid like that, sat in the spare tank after I drained the old gas out of it too long.

Was outside so condensation and moisture probably rusted it quicker than an inside stored one.

Should run some alky. lube through it but I never got around to it.

Only bought the tank to replace my leaky one in the GN which luckily had a Walbro in it when I swapped the tanks. :)

Originally posted by dyermullet
If you are going to throw it away, give it to me. I have alot of plans for junk like that.

It's probably still good. Can you open it up to check?
Scott

This is a pump I'm going to buy from Shawn. I'm going to replace my 307 with the 340. I'll be keeping my old 307 as a backup in case of any troubles.

ahhh. How much of a flow difference is there between the two?

I think there used to be flowcharts on gnttype.org hopefully it will be back online soon.

When are you going to drop the tank? I want get in on that.

Scott

Originally posted by dyermullet
When are you going to drop the tank? I want get in on that.
Scott

I imagine I'll be doing it next week sometime. I may wait until after Bowling Green, however, if I run into time constraints working on other guys cars too much. ;) I'll let you know if and when I'm going to drop the tank.