how is the rear upper seat removed?

Yah's 87

Im researching on this so I can redo the upholstery of the rear seat. I'd like to completely remove this a s one piece. Thanks, Ronjon

Remove the bottom, and look at the seat belt anchors. There should be tabs mounted w/ the belts.
Remove the belt bolts, push up on the cushion, and it'll unhook at the top hangers.

The lower back seat has to be removed then the lower seat belt coils have to be unscrewed with a torx head bit. Then push the Back half up. Also keep a eye out for the production paper behind the seat.

Sent from my badass T type

Feel the bottom of the leading edge of the seat bottom. You'll feel a wire they cloth wraps around. Push back about 1.5" while lifting up. Do that on both sides and the seat is out.

To remove the seat back you'll need a big ass Torx driver for the seat belt mounts. Either a T-40 or T-45, I believe it's the 45. Once those PIA bolts are out lift straight up on the seat and it'll come out.

While it's out, that's a good time to fab up some braces out of some tubing.

Don't listen to any of these guys.
First get in the trunk. Then shut the trunk lid. It will take a while but you'll get it out.
Happy new year and good luck.:D

Post #7 is the only way of doing it. happy New Year

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Don't listen to any of these guys.
First get in the trunk. Then shut the trunk lid. It will take a while but you'll get it out.
Happy new year and good luck.:D

I was gonna suggest something similar. Thanks for beating me to the punch, line.