How fast does this set up sound?

chitownz87gn

This is what the guy that sold me my car told me the car has:

1987 buick
jimmys trans, with trans cooler, precision converter (unknown stall speed I'm guessing 3200)
precision turbo, 009 green stripe 42.5 LB injectors, Pitbull Chip
poston headers with crossover pipe, 3" ATR Down pipe, 2.5" exhaust duals
MEASE performance stock stretched inter cooler

upper tubular control arms, linelock, air intake system
fuel pump hotwire kit, fuel pump gs340
dog house powerplate
fiberglass hood, fiberglass trunk , fiberglass front and rear bumpers

The car feels very quick and has a hard time gripping with the puny stock tires. It feels strong but I have not taken the car to the track, I have to do a whole lot of maintenance before I begin driving the car long distances.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

chitownz87gn said:
:( I guess I have some work to do and some learning to do as well!

With some tires, practice and tune it has potential to run low 11's. Faster with more injector.

That car has dropped some wieght with all that fiberglass for sure.....Do you have a scanmaster or anything to tune with???

First thing I would do is get a good chip. That Pitbull is not what you want. Get a Turbo Tweak.

I have nothing to scan the car with. I'm new so I'm learning what I need to do. Where can I get a turbo tweak chip? Is that how you tune this car? Or do I have to take it somewhere to get it dyno tuned?

I have nothing to scan the car with. I'm new so I'm learning what I need to do. Where can I get a turbo tweak chip? Is that how you tune this car? Or do I have to take it somewhere to get it dyno tuned?
The chip and a scanmaster will help you alot. Look up Turbo Tweak in our venders section.

chitownz87gn said:
This is what the guy that sold me my car told me the car has:

1987 buick
jimmys trans, with trans cooler, precision converter (unknown stall speed I'm guessing 3200)
precision turbo, 009 green stripe 42.5 LB injectors, Pitbull Chip
poston headers with crossover pipe, 3" ATR Down pipe, 2.5" exhaust duals
MEASE performance stock stretched inter cooler
upper tubular control arms, linelock, air intake system
fuel pump hotwire kit, fuel pump gs340
dog house powerplate
fiberglass hood, fiberglass trunk , fiberglass front and rear bumpers

The car feels very quick and has a hard time gripping with the puny stock tires. It feels strong but I have not taken the car to the track, I have to do a whole lot of maintenance before I begin driving the car long distances.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Pick up your computer and throw it as hard as you can, time it and there is how fast it is.
It's almost impossible to tell someone how fast their car is with parts being listed on a computer screen.
Your going to find "Joe" ran 10's on a stock unopened engine and "Jim" ran 12's on a fully forged, roller cammed, FAST computer, tubbed with wheelie bars.
It's all about the individual cars, the person driving (and here is the secret) TUNING.
I can tell you, there are thousands of members on this sight and you will hear thousands of opinions as to what it takes to go fast or what it's going to run.

Make sure you get a scan master ASAP. It monitors basically everything and is REALLY easy to install. Just look at people's signatures and you will see that 99% of people on here have one and there is a reason for that.

thanks for the links and replies, I will definitely go ahead and buy the scan master and match the chip to the car. Thankyou