How does your PYPES exhaust look today?

I have pypes on my cutlass with a buick 350, its great. Sounds good too. I use the RJC with the GN, and no drone, fit is nice, and sounds good.

NE1 have the street pro muffs?
Am considering replacing the 3"ATR system, w/ the Pypes, some Dynamax muffs.
I have the Street pros on the 55/LS. They sound great. No input on the Race Pros...

Chuck, what reason are you replacing the 3 inch? Is that the dual system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pypes! (y) Sound good - fit good.

One of the few things that has not cost extra on my project GN. :jawdrop: Imagine that.

Yea same here... I have the GN1 dual 3. Drone is really overwhelming for me

Got everything fit and cleaned up. Very happy with it for the money. It's quiet but I'd rather have this straight through muffler over the hooker aerochamber.
IMG_20150831_201544350.jpg
IMG_20150831_201550381.jpg
IMG_20150831_201618101.jpg

Looks good! I would use the Urathane bushings on the frame mounts, you need some give and vibration dampening.

Hate to bother you again, but would you mind posting a pic of the cut at the end it the tailpipe? The last pic it is cut off. Thx!

Looking thru the Pypes site. I'm thinking of getting the SGG50 w/out the muffs, and adding either Dynomax Super turbos, or Ultraflows.
In looking thru this thread, I see the VT is used. NE1 else use some others, such as I've mentioned?
I had Ultraflows on the 86 stage car...Sounded good.
NE1 know the length of the Pypes muffs? I don't see that on their site.
The no muff deal is $340 at Jegs, w/ the muffs showing 2 lengths, 14" and 20"Between $66 and $86.

I recall reading somewhere here on this site that there are certain brands of mufflers that work horribly with our cars.

I can't remember which ones they are.

Might be something to check on..

I'm happy with the sound. The way it looks the 455 car isn't gonna be exactly quiet so if I want some noise I'll just cruise that next summer.

kirbans 2 cents worth

We been carrying the Pypes system now for several years. probably said it before the owner has been a friend of mine for almost 30 years owned Performance Years which catered to the GTO market so we sold them many parts over the years....Pypes is the major player in exhaust especially with Mustang. We sell a fair amount of his systems because they fit and look like factory. Also his warehouse is about 15 minutes form our shop so I just drive over and pick them up.

Currently they are waiting on some of the parts so we will not have any systems available until week after the GS Nats.

Years ago one of my cars or my sons Turbo Regal (can't member which) was the test car for the Hooker system which was one of the first systems to make duals for our cars.
The format for Pypes is basically the same.

Unfortunately Pypes does not make a 3 inch system at this point in time.'

AGain I am referring to the dual system for the turbo regals not the GNX style which would be different due to the suspension.

Our pricing is very competitive even if you shop around.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Drone. Mine does the same thing. I have a "VX" exhaust on my '87 GN. It was replaced a few years back when the stock exhaust gave up. From what I've read, some consider it a "poor man's flow master" . Sounds great at idle, though. Still looks like new.

I had flowmaster exhaust for years.Got tired of the drone.So I ordered my Pypes system from Kirbans.Sounds a heck of a lot better than before.They even still look new after a couple of months.LOL.