How about deadbeat section

we need a DEADBEAT section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have mixed emotions on this... There are two sides to every story, some people deserve to be listed as deadbeats, but I also have seen people bash sellers and vendors before even contacting them for resolution. I am just not sure how it would be determined that someone is a deadbeat.
Tough call here...

what to do with sellers who gets your money and doesn't send your parts that he advertised,and doesn't help resolve the problem and pretty much tells you to f^ck off,or better yet doesn't send you the parts that you purchased.

And as far as the vendors goes,we have the feedback section for them.

If your going to have a deadbeat section you would need a mediator to decide if both parties at least offered or tried to resolve fairly. Or it could get out of control pretty quick.

If your going to have a deadbeat section you would need a mediator to decide if both parties at least offered or tried to resolve fairly. Or it could get out of control pretty quick.

i agree 100%

I am on the fence on this one. At first I thought great because I was just freshly ripped off by gmgearhead. Now that I see everybodys fears I am not so sure. That buttmuncher allready left me bad feedback because I was unhappy with the purchase. He sent me half of the sh!t in the picture I purchased from. Someone needs to monitor & approve of the negative feedback in my opinion. The thing is gmgearhead would put me in the deadbeat section if there was one & I am no deadbeat. It would definately have to be monitored & votes would be approved or denied. If someone wants to work it out that way I am all for it.

John Plog

I vote "YES" but i think to become a "DEADBEAT", you'll have to have a trader rating with at least "X" amount of negative feedback or something to restrict someone from jsut throwing you under the bridge. Some people are just never happy and try to give good upstanding members a bad name. Heck, with all the negative threads about a "Certain Vendor" on the board, that vendor would be considered a deadbeat when we all know that is not the case. It would just need to be monitored and restricted somewhat.

I pride myself in taking time to make sure people get what they paid for, packed well, and shipped fast but it only takes one simple mistake to look bad when selling parts. What if I forgot to add a part into a box that has 10 items, or if the shipping company damaged something, etc. Then the guy gets his package and had a bad day so he jumps on the board and makes me a DEADBEAT without giving me a chance to make things right.

Just food for thought!

i think one should try and resolve the problem with the seller or buyer over the phone or by pm's before posting here,and if that doesn't work then go to the feed back section and post your problem for one can view the issue,if that still doesn't work out then have mediator to decide if it should go to the deadbeat section.

I think it would only work if OK'ed by a moderator since there are two sides to each story. But some are just as plain as day to see. Especially the ones that never respond back EVER to the original post. We definately need one of these sections.

Lets face it, if people knew their name would be listed in the hall of shame deadbeat section im sure they would think twice about screwing someone over.

Need Judge Judy or Waptner up in here.......:biggrin:
The people's court......:eek:

I agree Brett, If a group of my peers or a moderator says you are in the wrong chances are you are. And it should be handled immediately or Deadbeat you go....

from a unsatisfied buyer

bought a used low mile AC compressor and it came in a flat rate box, beat to heck, and the bearings were out. by the time i got it put it and found out it was bad paypal said it was passed the 30 days i had and couldn't do anything. even before i installed it i told the seller it came in all beat up and part of the box was torn. he said flat out refused and said he would not take it back for a refund it which should have been a sign. i still took his word for it that it was good and since it was in decent shape i gave it a shot. well now my car sounds like it has no oil in it most of the time and i'm going to have to buy a new AC compressor and put it in so i'll have AC in the summer and to get rid of the whinning noise. i really would love to beat the living crap outta the seller but that wouldn't fix anything other then me adding to my criminal record. regardless i should have bought new but lesson learned, and i really hope the seller reaps what he sows. bottom line is unless you know the seller or saw the item working i wouldn't buy it used unless it came with a warranty that you could use. the seller i bought the compressor from said he'd give me a 6 month warranty and all kinds of crap. regardless i put a post on the section on this forum for good or bad sellers. So if you see it's from him RUN.

Money limit

Any thoughts on putting a limit on how much money is at stake with the transaction to qualify for being a deadbeat ? Does a moderator or system to enforce come into action if said item is worth 1 dollar ? vs. $50.00 or $100.00 or ??? to go this route vs. the current system ? Just a thought.

Pretty simple, don't buy from soemone with less than 200 posts. That would eliminate 95% of all screwings.

There should not be a monetary limit on integrity.
The or a deal done in good faith with good intentions is what it is. This is a small group whos moto is "Going fast with class"