Houston... Cruise / Picnic at Brazos Bend this Saturday

I'm meeting up with a group of fellow gearheads this Saturday for a cruise down to Brazos Bend state park ($4 for entry into the park, kids under 13 are free) & want to welcome my Buick brethren to join us. The weather is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous, just right for a day of car-centric outdoor fun. We're meeting at The Fountains Shopping Center (59 south feeder just before Hwy 90, take the West Airport exit) parking lot over by Border's Books / Seattle's Best Coffee starting at 10:30am & will head to the park at 11am sharp! I'm springing for sandwich fixins (bread, meat, cheese, condiments) so we need everyone else to chip in for chips, drinks, ice, cups, plates, utensils, paper towels, desserts, etc… to share for the feed.

Directions copied from Brazos Bend's website:

The park is approximately a one-hour drive from downtown Houston. Take Highway 59 South to the Crabb River Road exit. You may also take State Highway 288 south to FM 1462 West. Follow FM 1462 to FM 762 North. From the south follow State Highway 288 North to the FM 1462 exit or take State Highway 36 to FM 1462 East. All routes are marked with brown signs to guide you.

Link to the park's website:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f...s/brazos_bend/

If you plan to go, please sign up by replying to this thread with a headcount of people riding with ya & what you can bring to share for lunch!!! Also, please feel free to bring the kiddos, GF's, wifey (park has a ton of family friendly activities) and/or your other car bud's along for the fun as well!!!

Doug C.

Sounds like a great cruise, I`m going to be at a wedding that day, maybe next time. Next Saturday Nov. 10th. is Car Show @ Ottos BBQ (59 South) 3:00-7:00