Hot Air Restored!!!

turbonut85

Rarely used member
Hey H/A guys! Check out my thread in the show car/restoration section. I got the 85 GN mostly done. And yes...It is still a Hot Air!! And proud of it!!!:D
Now I will be picking your brains for tuning info and advise...hopefully I won't annoy all of you!:redface: ---Keith

keep your tunning questions to yourself. we dont want to hear about your slow hotair :eek: :D

keep your tunning questions to yourself. we dont want to hear about your slow hotair :eek: :D

I can only guess that Brents quote is advising you to keep your car stock. If this was his intent-I would agree. The cost is high in order to get a Hot Air moving. I have the info. Thank god I have the sense to stop at the right point. The only thing left for me is a front bumper filler and tuning.

Turbonut-Car looks great!. Take care- Brad

stock is the only way to go. these cars are money pits :) you know im joking ask use lots of questions please. if i where you i would get a powerlogger which means more $$$ since you have to convert to an 87 ecm

It is best to have a goal on what you want to do with the car and stand by with the pocket book. But all you have to do is ask Brad and he will tell it to you straight and will save you money on things you realy don't need.

Hey H/A guys! Check out my thread in the show car/restoration section. I got the 85 GN mostly done. And yes...It is still a Hot Air!! And proud of it!!!:D
Now I will be picking your brains for tuning info and advise...hopefully I won't annoy all of you!:redface: ---Keith

NICE job on the car and it looks fantastic! :cool:

stock is the only way to go. these cars are money pits :) you know im joking ask use lots of questions please. if i where you i would get a powerlogger which means more $$$ since you have to convert to an 87 ecm

Already converted to an 87 ECM. So is the powerlogger the best choice?? I am not wanting to make this a 10 or 11 sec car, Just want to put a frown on some peoples' faces while putting a big grin on mine.:D

What are your goals and do you have a big or small wallet? The powerlogger is the best but there are alot of other mods which need to be done first. New fuel pump hot wired, adj fuel pressure reg. etc. In order to turn heads you are looking at big bucks. Keep it stock and enjoy your car for now and do your homework over the winter. Keep your money in your wallet for now. My 2 cents. Brad

Not sure why my previous post had a "thumbs down".
Obviously, is was a mistake! Sorry man.:(
Again, one HECK of a job with the car! :cool:

Here is a list of my set up.

stock block bored .030 over
Speed pro forged pistons
port matched stock 8445 heads
port matched intake
212-212 Comp roller cam with .504 lift on intake and exhaust
roller lifters
chromoly pushrods
Hi strength valve springs
42.5 lb injectors
TT 93 street chip
Walbro pump...hotwired
adjustable fuel regulator
adjustable wastegate
EGR block-off
2-1/2 stainless catback
hi-flow cat
87 ECM/MAF

...and now for the stuff that needs attention (someday)
new stock turbo
stock headers
stock downpipe

I plan to...in the near future...build my own integrated down pipe,
upgrade the headers and sometime, get a TA33. But for now, I just want to cure the small glitches it has and get it to run smooth and strong like I know it should. It seems to be running quite rich with some black smoke during heavier acceleration. I know without a scantool I am kinda shootin in the dark, but there has to be a way to lean it out a little, isn't there??

Here is a list of my set up.

stock block bored .030 over
Speed pro forged pistons
port matched stock 8445 heads
port matched intake
212-212 Comp roller cam with .504 lift on intake and exhaust
roller lifters
chromoly pushrods
Hi strength valve springs
42.5 lb injectors
TT 93 street chip
Walbro pump...hotwired
adjustable fuel regulator
adjustable wastegate
EGR block-off
2-1/2 stainless catback
hi-flow cat
87 ECM/MAF

...and now for the stuff that needs attention (someday)
new stock turbo
stock headers
stock downpipe

I plan to...in the near future...build my own integrated down pipe,
upgrade the headers and sometime, get a TA33. But for now, I just want to cure the small glitches it has and get it to run smooth and strong like I know it should. It seems to be running quite rich with some black smoke during heavier acceleration. I know without a scantool I am kinda shootin in the dark, but there has to be a way to lean it out a little, isn't there??

Nice set-up.
What isa condition is the MAF and O2 sensor?
What version of the TT chip?

Unsure of MAF condition...got it used from another board member...NAPA brand. The O2 sensor is original. If i unplug either one the ECM throws a code, but no code if plugged in, so I assume both are opreational??

Unsure of MAF condition...got it used from another board member...NAPA brand. The O2 sensor is original. If i unplug either one the ECM throws a code, but no code if plugged in, so I assume both are opreational??

Yes, but, they may not be measuring accurately. :(
Start another thread(s) on specific issues you have.
It keeps people focused.

Not killing the show/cruise in circuit but my 85 T-type is the only hot air I have seen..only seen a few ICs for that matter. People kinda freak when they figure out not IC. Took it to a "Non chevy" GM show a few weeks past and had lots of attention