Hot air intake part #'s

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
I just recently got ahold of another HA intake. I was studing this intake and i noticed that the area around the PCV grommet and the area just in front of the turbo nozzle hole is different.

This intake has a part # 25523552. What did this intake fit. the riviara's(sp?)

The HA intakes i have been messing with has a part # 25515926.

It's gonna get a bath and then flowed to see how it compares to the other one.

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 166
the other intakes i'm use to seeing.

here is the intake i'm use to looking at. compare the area around the PCV valve grommet and the area just in front of the turbo hole/port. The main area is where the part # is casting into it.

Attachments

• IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 146
Interesting... I have two sitting out in the garage and went to look at them. I have both ones that you have. :biggrin: Didn't even notice that. Subscribed and curious as well now... :cool:

Attachments

• DSC02640.jpg
    DSC02640.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 146
The Buick parts catalog claims this intake was for a "2nd design" '85 motor, that supposedly had a ThermAC air cleaner like the '78-'83 carburetor versions. But it also shows a TVS (thermal vacuum switch) installed somewhere around the water outlet, supposedly to operate the ThermAC. And I don't see any provision for that TVS on this intake.

I went around with Keller on this over at gnttype.org some months ago, and we agreed that no one has ever seen or heard of any '85 motor with the ThermAC setup.

In other words, it just gets stranger.

Ok guys

I flowed the second design intake.

The total flow is 470 cfm

1--133 2--137

3--141 4--123

5--143 6--138

So it appears as if GM knew there was a problem with #4 intake port.

The other intake #4 flowed 113.

It's hard to tell what they actually changed inside unless the bottom gets milled off.

But i know how this seems to grip some peoples A$$ by me doing this. :rolleyes:.​

up 10cfm in port 4. nice. to bad most of our cars if not all had the 113cfm port

i just bought a complete 85 motor with part # 25523552 on intake.no ThermAC on this one. Interesting #s though. Are you going to cut it open.