Hot air exhaust

That would be a good way to start. The new manifolds are bigger diameter so I had trouble getting them in without removing the down pipe
So you truly didnt need to modify them?

I thought they needed to be cut and welded to fit properly?

I didn't cut or weld anything. They are a very snug fit and the 02senor bung location is really close to the AC compressor but it doesn't hit. But like an inch or less of clearance

Every car is different tho and maybe I got lucky with a "good" set of these from the company. When i replaced mine, I had no idea if they were going to fit and I needed to drive the car home that night, so when I was taking everything apart, I knew It could potentially have to go back together so I torched almost every bolt and took my sweet ass time.

I'd like to spread some insight on this subject. I have an 84 gn that had aftermarket headers on it that were warped so I bought these 190$ ebay specials and installed them in the car Saturday. My car is an a/c car minus the compressor so I have the big stupid box. The whole job took me 4 hours but I've been in every nut and bolt on my car. Headers were good quality with thick flanges and came with nice gaskets. Drivers side header slipped right in. To remove the passenger side header and fit the new one in I removed the alternator and the bracket off the head. Headers fit nice. I will say the 02 sensor is a C hair from the bracket and I don't have the compressor.

The crossover pipe was a BITCH. Passenger side flange could not be in a worse spot and I had to trim the 2 piece design down in the middle to mate the driver's side. Again these are 190$ headers so it's to be expected.

Here is my problem. I read this thread before purchasing and everyone neglected to comment on the down pipe. Mine didn't fit! What down pipe are you people running because I had to make one. Maybe because it matched the headers and up pipe that I had but because the design of the new up pipe on these new headers I didn't have enough 90 degree and had to butcher it up.

I can't pictures to upload so I will get them up later

I'd like to spread some insight on this subject. I have an 84 gn that had aftermarket headers on it that were warped so I bought these 190$ ebay specials and installed them in the car Saturday. My car is an a/c car minus the compressor so I have the big stupid box. The whole job took me 4 hours but I've been in every nut and bolt on my car. Headers were good quality with thick flanges and came with nice gaskets. Drivers side header slipped right in. To remove the passenger side header and fit the new one in I removed the alternator and the bracket off the head. Headers fit nice. I will say the 02 sensor is a C hair from the bracket and I don't have the compressor.

The crossover pipe was a BITCH. Passenger side flange could not be in a worse spot and I had to trim the 2 piece design down in the middle to mate the driver's side. Again these are 190$ headers so it's to be expected.

Here is my problem. I read this thread before purchasing and everyone neglected to comment on the down pipe. Mine didn't fit! What down pipe are you people running because I had to make one. Maybe because it matched the headers and up pipe that I had but because the design of the new up pipe on these new headers I didn't have enough 90 degree and had to butcher it up.

I can't pictures to upload so I will get them up later
I have a set but havent installed them yet. So im interested to see what you needed to do for the downpipe.

Your factory downpipe didnt fit?

Mine installed good, all I had to do was cut 1/2 " off the bottom stud on the passenger side under the up pipe. Then just open the crossover pipe so more of the pipe could side in further.

I have a set but havent installed them yet. So im interested to see what you needed to do for the downpipe.

Your factory downpipe didnt fit?

I'll get pics up of the setup I had before and now. I did not have the factory downpipe nor do I know what it looks like. With these new headers the up pipe is alot closer to the valve cover and in more where before my pipes flowed kind of out more closer to the alternator. You'll see what I'm talking about when I get the pictures up

I have studs on mine exhaust pipes. I heard the up pipe might be a tuff one. Haven't got that far yet.

You have studs for your headers and had to cut one down is that what you are talking about? Also if you do these out of the car that's a whole nother story. I forgot to mention that for the flange on the pass side crossover pipe and header meet I had to mess with it for awhile. I have the heat shield that goes over my starter and I took me forever to bend it into the solenoid to fit my v band clamps.

Up pipe is F'n tight as well especially with the welded flanges. I had to loosen up the turbo/TB set up and break out the pry bar to get it together. I don't know if I ever want to pull it off again because that was such a pain.

I had header studs, the bottom one under the up pipe was to long. I cut a 1/2" off the students so I could get a wrenchance in the righting the head. My motor is out of the car on the install.

I had header studs, the bottom one under the up pipe was to long. I cut a 1/2" off the students so I could get a wrench in to tighting the nut on the stud. My motor is out of the car on the install.

Zoom in, see the bottom stud below up pipe. I had to cut about a 1/2" of off stud so I cab use a box wrench to tighting the nut.

Attachments

• 20160705_153315.jpg
    20160705_153315.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 203
I just got a set of these wonder if theres any improvement over stock they sure do look nice compared to the stockers.

i got the clamps from napa. I believe i used the 3" v band clamps. And a 2 1/4" slip clamp for cross over pipe. I have the part numbers written down at work. I'll post them on here if I remember to look them up
Did you replace the threads in to the turbo? I have a feeling Iam going to break these when I do this upgrade, thanks for photos.

I am in the process of installing my rebuilt motor with these headers (84 T Type). I bought them from Speed Daddy. I agree, they are well built. Nice thick flange. I have an A/C car and it was a tight fit with the up pipe O2 location and the A/C. I did have plenty of clearance, better than an inch. I had a problem with the cross over pipe, had to cut 2" off, but it fit great after that. I also put better quality clamps on the install. I don't have the motor installed yet, so I don't know about any issues with the down pipe. I do have a couple of questions about heat shields I have and I don't know where they go. I am going to post with pictures. I installed the starter shield, and the one on the firewall, but have two more. Anyway, so far I am happy with the headers, a definite upgrade over my cracked stock headers.