Hopefully to the track this weekend....

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Well, my converter will be back on friday I am told, and it looks like the weather may hold out, so the plan is to go back to the track this weekend. Apparently I shattered the sprag in the converter on the dyno when we tuned my GN, which is more than likely the cause of much of the spool up issues I have been having up to date. I had the tranny freshened up, and should have it all back together friday night.

Since this is a new forum, ill list some specs:

87 GN
358ci Bowtie block SBC
GT47-88mm turbo
Air to Air cooled
Solid Roller
Home Built Turbo kit
XFI

Made 935RWHP on mustang dyno 1000+ RWTQ with 22psi, and mild tune...

Attachments

• 9.11.06 024.jpg
    9.11.06 024.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 269
Cliff,

This is great news, please give us a full report.
I am interested in seeing what you can squeeze out of the GT47-88.
I am thinking the car has a 8.40-8.20 in it once the bugs are worked out.

John, I think the .2-.4 area is certainly attainable.. however I have not driven a car that fast yet, so I plan on easing into it a bit. We detuned it a bit from the dyno so I could get a little seat time first, and I am going to launch soft to keep it on four wheels (for now).. I'm looking for only 8.70-8.80s with easy 1.35-1.40 60s for the first few hits and I'll be happy...

I'm just dying to get my first 8 sec timeslips in 06, and am already expecting that as soon as I achieve this, the car is going in for a 25.5, motor plates, manual rack, and liquid cooler... But for right now one step at a time- lol

I'll also have some video up soon-

Cliff

John, I think the .2-.4 area is certainly attainable.. however I have not driven a car that fast yet, so I plan on easing into it a bit. We detuned it a bit from the dyno so I could get a little seat time first, and I am going to launch soft to keep it on four wheels (for now).. I'm looking for only 8.70-8.80s with easy 1.35-1.40 60s for the first few hits and I'll be happy...

I'm just dying to get my first 8 sec timeslips in 06, and am already expecting that as soon as I achieve this, the car is going in for a 25.5, motor plates, manual rack, and liquid cooler... But for right now one step at a time- lol

I'll also have some video up soon-

Cliff

Wow Cliff you are really going all out!!!
Let me know on the pictures and videos please!:biggrin:

Well unfortunately my trans and converter are done, but since the tranny was out I decided to upgrade to an ultrabell, but it hasnt shown up yet, and my trans guy already machine the case for it.. so untilit shows up I'm SOL..:(

But since I wont be going to the track, I think I'll finally bring my video camera to a buddy of mine so he can post the dyno video, and the video of my half assed pass.... :cool:

Well unfortunately my trans and converter are done, but since the tranny was out I decided to upgrade to an ultrabell, but it hasnt shown up yet, and my trans guy already machine the case for it.. so untilit shows up I'm SOL..:(

But since I wont be going to the track, I think I'll finally bring my video camera to a buddy of mine so he can post the dyno video, and the video of my half assed pass.... :cool:

Thanks Cliff, looking forward to the video.
Upgrades find a way of backfiring, more often then not for me!:mad:

Ok, I think I have figured out the posting video thing...

Here is a video of my GN on the dyno at Sound Performance in Bloomingdale, IL (Good Guys). It is a mustang dyno, and the pull was at 22-23 psi with mild tune.

<br><br><br>Click here to see Video

Here is the only (half assed) pass I have made in the GN with the bowtie shortblock and GT47-88 turbo.

<br><br><br>Click here to see Video

We were having a boost building issue off the footbrake and transbrake which we now know was do to the sprag being shattered in my converter, so i basically flatfooted it on the tbrake and it dead walled at 2800rpm, no boost.. went 2.07 60 foot :frown: but picked up pretty nice after 100feet out... :cool: