Hopeful

Originally posted by KENNE-BILL
Hey Rob, can you also please send me some info on the GN? Thanks.

Mick...

Check your PM's... kinda long 2 pages of info...

I feel its an honest assesment of a g-body car...

of course, you can go look for yourself... (the car is near Maluhia Hospital)

Is that the GN that's under a tent? kind of at the end of the street, top of the hill? I see the car almost every day. My grandparents live right across the teahouse. There's a white TR at the bottom of Maluhia too. the owner had a hursts olds there, i think he traded it in for that new corvette parked where the hurst olds used to be.

Originally posted by Turtle TR
Is that the GN that's under a tent? kind of at the end of the street, top of the hill? I see the car almost every day. My grandparents live right across the teahouse. There's a white TR at the bottom of Maluhia too. the owner had a hursts olds there, i think he traded it in for that new corvette parked where the hurst olds used to be.

Chris.. this may be the car, except it has a new owner... it was on Hala Drive, according to the seller. belonged to the girlfriends uncle so he got a great deal on it... until the motor went south.

I think I know which car you're talking about. Gerard, Brandon's friend told me that their friend picked up a low mileage GN. I specifically remembered "girlfriend" and "uncle". Gerard was telling me that there were problems with the car already. hohum.

Rob,

Got your PMs about the car. Didn't see your post about the price on the board, though.:eek:
The quest continues....

I think I know which car you're talking about. Gerard, Brandon's friend told me that their friend picked up a low mileage GN. I specifically remembered "girlfriend" and "uncle". Gerard was telling me that there were problems with the car already. hohum.

Yeah, thats the car...

Brennan told me the mechanical problems developed after he was late for a doctors appointment in Kahala... he got off the freeway, and it was missing really bad, and you can hear compression coming out the oil filler tube...

OH well....

The search continues

to think one day i wouldve left a note on that guys car saying i'm an interested buyer. :eek:

to think one day i wouldve left a note on that guys car saying i'm an interested buyer. :eek:

I undertand that lots of people have tred to buy the car... but none were successful

Brannan took me to pick up my 406 today and got to talking about fixing the GN. He asked me if I could rebuild the shortblock, I'm not sure if I can. I've rebuilt a few chevy motors and I assume the GN short block isn't much more difficult. Kay, best case scenario the piston and ring are cracked but that's the only damage could a fairly competent backyard mechanic change them?

The chevy and Buick is not the same. I've built alot of SBC in the past, but I'm still learning things here and there about the Buick. Tollerances are critical and non as forgiving as the SBC. If you're only going to change the piston, and hone, I'm sure you could do it,but if a total rebuild, I'd start searching for info.

Good luck with your decision:)

Originally posted by cutlaSS
Brannan took me to pick up my 406 today and got to talking about fixing the GN. He asked me if I could rebuild the shortblock, I'm not sure if I can. I've rebuilt a few chevy motors and I assume the GN short block isn't much more difficult. Kay, best case scenario the piston and ring are cracked but that's the only damage could a fairly competent backyard mechanic change them?

Brandon,

I would think if you can get your 331 in your cutlaSS to run 12's, I dont see why not, but as Paul said, clearances are much tighter than SBC, and under boost, not very forgiving to error.

Just be careful not to pinch any wires while putting it all back together. (right Turtle TR?)