Hoodliner & concert sound pucs

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
Bouught a blank hood liner. Show me what it's supposed to look like please!! Trying to get it stenciled. Also, pic of concert sound speaker mounting. Thanks, Dave

3 long self tapping screws mount the speaker to the door, black oxide type.

GNPassSideStockSpeaker.jpg

Hole in the door show with speaker unbolted hanging.

GNPassSideWindandSprkrWiring-1.jpg

Speaker and wiring riveted to basket using the 4th hole in speaker.

GNRightConcertSoundsprkrandwire.jpg

Real JBL GTI500 cast frame with Titanium tweeters installed.

JBLPassengersidespeakerindoorovervi.jpg

SalvageV6, this helps me too! Thank you for posting all of the pictures. A tremedous help!

What ohm JBL speakers do you have? I'm putting in door speaker also. I put in rear speakers, going from 4x10 to 6x9 JBLs, but the stock speakers were 10 ohms and the JBLs are rated at 4ohms. Wonder if this will blow up my radio/cassette. The radio is an '88-'89 GM, and all electronic pushbutton controls, not the mechanicals.

Well, if you don't know that's OK. I'm still up in the air with the ohm problem here.

Thanks again for posting those pictures. I'm in need of those plastic supports for the speakers, but can't find any at this time.

Bruce '87 Grand National

They are 4 ohm JBL's in the dash and doors paralleled the way the stockers were wired, I put bass blockers in the dash speakers the door ones are separate crossover unit hidden the in door pod.

I don't use the radio that much still deciding on a head unit/amp. or just an IPOd/amp. hookup.

Got the amp. didn't install it yet.

Hasn't blown up yet when used though, but I wouldn't hook it up that way full time to a stocker.

Wire it up the way your radio wants to see the ohmage for sure you can hack up and separate the wiring on the big connector for the radio, or tap off it and make up your own harness for your head unit/amp. setup.