Hood emblems

Wld87GN

Okay I realize the subject is NOT exciting.

But I am wondering what everyone is doing with their hood.

I realize my option is to replac the original emblems, remove them and roll with the plain black hood, or find an aftermarket emblem that is different.

My original idea was to remove the old and run with the blacked hood, except when i took the old emblems off I realized that 25+ years of them on the hood did not yield the results I was hoping for. So I need to decide what to do.

I am NOT going back to the original emblems... at least that is my stance for now.

any ideas?

One of the venders here sells those nice fiberglass aftermarket hoods.

I don't need a hood, my hood is fine. When I removed the old emblem the backing material was a PITA to get off and the residue has left me rethinking the process.

I tried bug and tar remover as well as lacquer thinner... it did an okay job, but not nearly as well as I hoped.

Goo-gone ... just need to let it soak under a cloth then clean the area good for prep prior to installing the new ones.

Hate the way that shit smells though.

image.jpg
I left the hood emblems off after having the car painted 5 years ago. I didn't want the chrome emblems back, but it needed something. I sanded and painted a set of replacement emblems flat black and put them on. I really like the stealth look.

View attachment 258259 I left the hood emblems off after having the car painted 5 years ago. I didn't want the chrome emblems back, but it needed something. I sanded and painted a set of replacement emblems flat black and put them on. I really like the stealth look.
That looks great!
I left all of my badges off of my GN after paint....still get the " is that a real GN ? "

Bryan