Holy crap look here

postal

Peoples champ runner up
http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/1544542.html

There is a legal dispute over that little road that leads back to the track at Bowling Green. My wife was playing an online game and was chatting with a lady from BG. In the chat the lady said this land owner isn't letting people through to the track.

Anybody know anything about this?

Jason

Okay I just called beach blend raceway (extremly nice people on the phone) they said that there will not be any problems with this.There are other ways to get in she also said things look good for them with the case but it will take time.... so this looks like good news for people that are actually going to make bg unline my self :frown: :D

There's been a dispute for years. In fact old Dallas spent some time in jail ( a couple of days) for contempt of court last year over it. Something about the judge ordering the road left as is until the court settled it, but Dallas went and put up or removed some signage...lol.

We had to drive down to the other entrance near the rides to get in. I assume it'll be the same this year.

I was having a heart attack because this lady said no one is able to get back to the track. I look forward to BG every year and was freaking out when my wife told me this.

Thanks for the info guys.

Jason

The access a couple of weeks ago was the same as it has been for as long as I can remember, with the exception of a the new entrance Dallas built two years ago (used for about a half of a season). This new entrance is what the court case is over. I have heard that the city is going to step in and take Dallas' side to get the new entrance opened, but it is still in court. The dispute is over whether or not the road is a county road or on private property, the deed is very unclear and many of the markers in the deed are no longer intact.

No need to worry as we will still have access to the track.

They have also resurfaced the track over the winter (concrete pavement to half track and resurfaced the remainder with asphalt). The track seemed to be in great condition when I was out there last.

Pat