Hockey Fans

38 year Islander fan here...........so rooting for them.
When they lose..........then rooting for all the other 14 teams therefore meaning anyone but the rangers.

So what is your opinions on all the Coaches challenges for offsides? I initially thought 'getting it right' was the most important aspect of the game. But some of them have be sooooo close that it seems like splitting hairs. Like I almost wish there was a 'close enough' rule (but yeah I know how do you quantify that). Penguins had been on the receiving end of overturned calls until last night. On one hand I was very thankful the Rangers goal got called back. There was an 'obvious' offside call that was missed earlier, so I was relieved.

I guess I just don't know how to feel about them. With as many close calls as there has been, and a noticeable amount goals being overturned, I can't help but believe that if we were to rewind history, so many game deciding goals could be washed out using this system. I guess that would be 'getting it right', but it doesn't 'feel good'.

Anyone else conflicted?

I like that they are trying to get it right it's the time it takes that makes it shitty I'm sure they have guys watching video that could help the Refs and lines men expedite the process.

You really need the replay sometimes , its the fastest game on earth, its hard to catch everything that's important, as long as it don't become where every single thing is reviewed.
Offsides has to be conclusive to be over turned. or a tie goes to the runner!

To me it's taking too much flow out of the game. By the time the coaches look at the video and decide whether or not to challenge you've lost 2 minutes. Then you lose another 2-5 minutes on the actual review. I think if you want to challenge it has to me an immediate decision, no waiting around. And if you challenge and lose, you get a 2 min delay of game penalty. We've got 2 linesman on the ice who's primary job is to watch the bluelines, I'm comfortable with them continuing to do the job and be right 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it's taking too much flow out of the game. By the time the coaches look at the video and decide whether or not to challenge you've lost 2 minutes. Then you lose another 2-5 minutes on the actual review. I think if you want to challenge it has to me an immediate decision, no waiting around. And if you challenge and lose, you get a 2 min delay of game penalty. We've got 2 linesman on the ice who's primary job is to watch the bluelines, I'm comfortable with them continuing to do the job and be right 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a 2 min penalty rather than losing a time out might curb some of the challanges that are implemented to change the flow of the game.
I have seen a couple challenges that were obvious attempts to swing momentum and had no chance of being overturned.

Or every goal could get a behind the scenes review by Toronto, similar to what the NFL does. No challenge or anything, just an automatic process. Not sure it's any better but it eliminates the challenge which I'm personally not a fan of.

I'm pretty sure every goal is checked already, they make the call when the on ice officials miss a goal and the play continues, the challenges for goaltender interference are not same with the offside. Perhaps a video official that automatically checks for these infractions and makes a call with a green light stating all is good. the teams have guys watching and making the call to the coach on anything close even if they know it won't be overturned the have the play reviewed in hopes of getting a questionable call to go their way or swing momentum.

Or anything that's really close let it play on unless theirs a goal and its in question, I see so many good 2 on 1,or 3 on 2 blue line plays whistled off sides instantly when its real close and its not reviewable.
I agree with a green light system, have a guy that specifically watches the blue line and hits a button.

And while we're at it, I don't like the new icing whistle rule let them chase the puck fastest/ tuffest guy gets possession plain and simple, and I hate the shoot out in Overtime,1st overtime should be 4 on 4, then 3 on 3 until someone scores..

I guess my point in the reviews was when it gets to the point of 'He lifted his back skate too soon and the puck hadn't fully crossed the blue line yet'. I mean they only come up after a goal is scored (otherwise why challenge). I dunno, it is the conflict within me. I would never choose to have the Cup awarded to a game winning goal that was narrowly offsides, but sometimes it is just soooo close that I think I could maybe live with it. But like I said, my feelings seem to sway if it is against the team I am rooting for.

I think i say this every year, but MAN this is once of the best playoff seasons so far. The Detroit game was Very close, St Louis almost making a comeback vs Chicago. Ducks returning the favor for getting swept at home. I was happy to not have a nail-biting Pens game for once. Their weakness has always been putting teams away, will be interesting to see if they can do the job on Saturday.

I think the SJ LA series has been the most entertaining, all have been great and most have been back and forth even if the wins don't show it, I love the way they finish every check and try to block every shot this time of year.