Hit the throttle and the car falls on it's face?

TinysTurboPerf

RUTHLESS
SCAN TOOL RESULTS ????

When I go to take off the car spits and sputters and you have to feather the throttle to get the car to even move. Then when you are going, it still wants to fall on it's face. You can feather the throttle and finally get it to go and accellerate to full throttle.
I'm getting fault codes on the scanner all over the place,
Faulty ECM, Coolant Sensor Too Low, No speed, O2

They come and go sometimes, sometimes not.

It has a new fuel pump and I tried another ECM and neither fixed the problem.

I installed a new trans a couple months ago and put the ground wire that was on a bellhousing bolt to the rear of the pass side head, today i installed some new star washers and put it back to the bellhousing to see if that was it, NOPE.

I am planning to check the resistance on the injectors to see if one is out of whack.

Fault codes shown 13, 14, 23, 55

O2 (mv) 400-440

RPM 1000

Integratr 128

Open Loop

TPS 40

Block Learn 142

IAC 16

Load/LV8 35

Airflow (gm/sec) 6

Spark Advance 37 degrees

O2 Crosscounts 14-27 fluctuates

Coolant temp 179 degrees

MAT temp 122 degrees

Does this shed any light on the situation????????

Any ideas would be a great help. Street Machine Nats are here this weekend and I would like to go without embarassing myself.

The fuel pressure does not drop off when this happens, it stays at around 40psi or above.

Thanks in advance.

What scan tool are you using? If it is DS, you may want to pull the cable off and reseat it. Don't let it get too far down, that can send codes like crazy. Either way I would unhook the ecm wire, and clear everything out first. Start fresh, and good luck!

The ECM wire has been unhooked quite a few times.

This whole problem started a few days ago while driving.
I went to leave a light and it just started acting up then, it seemed to run good up until then, not sure what happened

Jason, are you going to come by and get that chip? If not it's ok; I'd still be willing to help you sort out your car. Can't have a troubled TR cruising the southside. ;) It does sound electrical, likely grounding.

striker,

I am using a Snap On scanner, I also have an old OTC2000

John,

Sorry bud. I have been trying to get this pile lined out and haven't made time to stop by and get the prom yet. Let me guess you are out of beer? :D kidding

Since you are so willing to help, I'll just drop the thing off and let
you worry about it. :)
I'll talk to you later today.

Give the MAF the old palm of yer hand "tap test". If the car stumbles, its no good. Better yet, plain unplug it and see if the stumble is gone or changes (it will run like crap amd do NOT get into boost like that)

Could also be ignition. Possible bad coil, plug wire(s)

What is yer fuel pressure when it stumbles. What is BLM when it stumbles.

Scan tool results on way to work today

Fault codes shown 13, 14, 23, 55

O2 (mv) 400-440

RPM 1000

Integratr 128

Open Loop

TPS 40

Block Learn 142

IAC 16

Load/LV8 35

Airflow (gm/sec) 6

Spark Advance 37 degrees

O2 Crosscounts 14-27 fluctuates

Coolant temp 179 degrees

MAT temp 122 degrees

Does this shed any light on the situation????????

Originally posted by TinysTurboPerf
Hurry guys, I'm ready to go trade in on a new Mustang :D

I'm typing real fast. :)

Usually when you get multiple codes like you have there is a connection problem.

Reseat the chip. If no change reseat both the large and small wire clusters that go into the ECM.

Chris

What kind of voltage are you getting. Sounds like a bad ground, bad alternator or some other electrical gremlin.

mine showed some of those symptoms when my POS remanded MAF went on me, try to find someone with a known good MAF and swap it and see what happens :)

TURBOJIM

Hey bud, the knuckle test on the MAF worked, now I have to track down a new MAF. Thanks for the help everyone.

Tiny