Higher 1-2 Shift Needed

nightrain

I'm the other nightrain..
Last season, I ran a trans brake and finally got the car tuned decent enough to run a very high 10. This winter I'm adding some safety gear (roll bar, trans blanket, C-clip eliminators) to stay legal. While I'm at it, I want to increase the shift rpm at the 1-2 shift. The trans is shifting itself at 4800 rpm (1-2) and I then manually shift at 5900 rpm 2-3. Since it's a manual T-brake, I have no control over the 1-2 shift. I think Bison mentioned a while back to change the valve body to a CZ or KC.

So, if I change the VB to one of those, what rpm can I expect it to shift at?

and what else needs to be changed?

Does it just bolt in after replacing all the stuff I changed in the original VB (shift kit valves, springs, etc.)?

Where do I get a CZ or KC VB?

Lastly, will the T-brake spacer plate for the original VB work with the CZ or KC VB's as well?

Thanks!

Last season, I ran a trans brake and finally got the car tuned decent enough to run a very high 10. This winter I'm adding some safety gear (roll bar, trans blanket, C-clip eliminators) to stay legal. While I'm at it, I want to increase the shift rpm at the 1-2 shift. The trans is shifting itself at 4800 rpm (1-2) and I then manually shift at 5900 rpm 2-3. Since it's a manual T-brake, I have no control over the 1-2 shift. I think Bison mentioned a while back to change the valve body to a CZ or KC.

So, if I change the VB to one of those, what rpm can I expect it to shift at?

and what else needs to be changed?

Does it just bolt in after replacing all the stuff I changed in the original VB (shift kit valves, springs, etc.)?

Where do I get a CZ or KC VB?

Lastly, will the T-brake spacer plate for the original VB work with the CZ or KC VB's as well?

Thanks!
With the KC VB and a stock GN govenor I get a 5800-5900 1-2 shift now.
it uses the same spacer plate,and will require the same mods to the valve body as your stock BR unit.
Some KC valve bodies have a spring in the MTV upshift valve,if so remove it also.
CK Performance should have one and will do the mods before he ships it.

Another option is to play with the spring in the 1-2 shift valve. By either replacing it with a firmer spring, or shimming it, you will increase the gov pressure (speed, rpm) at which it causes the 1-2 shift. This will be a trial and error type deal. Of course it will also raise part-throttle 1-2 shifts.

Thanks, Otto! I'll contact Chris to see what he can do. It's his kit and T-brake in the trans.