High Idle/Miss issue

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Well, for the longest time I have had issues with my car. I've had a high idle and a missfire issue. (AT least I think its a miss)

Anyway. When I get the car on, it immediately is at 3000 rpm's. Now some people tell me my Tach is wrong, but who knows. It just is high, and I know that. I tried cleaning the throttle bdoy, IAC and even bought an EGR and have an 02 sensor that I want to put in this week. But I don't know what else at this point that it could be. Does anybody have any idea's? Also, the engine rocks side to side in the bay. Which leads me to believe that it is missing. As well as the smell of gasoline.

I made a video this morning that maybe some of you guys who were wondering exactly what the problem looks like looks like.

Here you go.

YouTube - Buick Regal

Anybody got any idea's?

See, that's the interesting thing. The check engine light doesn't come on when it's doing this. That's why I was wondering if its just the high idle or if the shaking is a miss.

So I haven't put in any code or anything.

You need to find out what code has been set as a start. If you don't have a scan tool find someone in your area who does. Post the code. Brad