High HP trannies

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Doh! I've been checking on high HP T400 trannies and these things are not cheap!

I taked to Chris at CK performance and really liked what he had to say, but a friend of mine suggested that I get my tranny built by some one with a few hours drive. I agree with his reasoning, because I don't want to get cought up in shipping a tranny back and forth accross the country every time theres an issue. I talked to Don Stanley at TSI and liked what he had to say. He's located only a couple hour drive from me and it sounds like he builds some top notch trannies. Does anybody know of a good tranny builder within a few hour drive of central IL? (which would be basically the Chicago, St. Louis, and Indy areas).

TIA: Jason

CK Performance do know what they are doing.

But.....a really high output/functional automatic gear is pricy!
You also have to deal with a strange converter that might not work in all tracks/weather.

Why not a Lenco or a Liberty?

Just my 2 cents......

When I busted my stock powerglide last year after 3 years of racing it I made some phone calls.I looked in the ND paper and picked up the phone.Some trans people were telling what they wanted to put into the trans and you don`t need the part story.I called Chris at CK and we spoke on the phone for a little bit and he answered all my questions and did the same.He had one of his Pro Mod glides on the shelf so after work on Saturday(noon)Me and a freind drove to CK and picked up the glide.It was a 4.5 hour drive.
I installed it and it shifts like a bear.He told me what and how to adjust after so many runs to keep the trans firm.
Tony

Postal, I have a NEW Rossler TH-400 trans. This one will get the job done for you.

Call me if you are interested and for pricing.

Ted A. said:
Postal, I have a NEW Rossler TH-400 trans. This one will get the job done for you.
Bump for you, Ted.

Jason, if you're looking for a 400 by a reputable builder that will definitely hold up, I'd go after this Rossler. Carl Rossler's place is right out by where I'm from (NE Ohio), and his automatics are about the best out there.

http://www.rosslertrans.com/

The Rossler Stuff is very good and we were considering the th210 for the twin turbo v8 car. We decided to go with a Mike's Transmissions Monster Glide and it has worked very well.

trans,

jason. lonnie dires cinn, ohio builts 200 & 400 and glides, dave ficus got over 200 runs on his 400 daves car has run in the 8 lonnie guarantees his trans, for a year, price is around 1600 i think, only thing that goes out on my 400 is the direct clutches after about 60 + runs but im no expert at nothing, later oc, :)

Lonnie and Don Stanley built my transmissions. Lonnie for my stage 2 car and Don for my twin turbo mustang. Both cars were daily driven street cars. Both builds were exceptional and I've beat the hell out of my transmissions. HTH.

John Wilde said:
The Rossler Stuff is very good and we were considering the th210 for the twin turbo v8 car. We decided to go with a Mike's Transmissions Monster Glide and it has worked very well.

Mike's is awesome, neil racing has a bad-ass powerglide as well. There is absolutely no reason to go clutch, unless you really have the setup and expertise nailed.