High BLM's and INT's

SloNoMo

I installed a new heated o2 sensor today, I thought it would a simple up plug the old heated sensor and install the new one!! Well the new one now has 4 wires on the harness and plugs into the EGR harness!!!! Anyway, plugged in the new sensor and my BLM's and INT's are hitting 160's and locking right there!!! It set off a code 44 (lean condition)....I reset the computer and let the car run for a while...still code 44!!!! What happened!!!!!
Any suggestiions or comments!!

Thanks,
Mack
:confused:

Ordered the 4 wire sensor from Cotton Perf.......he said they were not anymore 3 wire heated sensors avail......

Anyway, installed a single AC delco sensor and the car runs fine!!! That was my last heated o2 sensor, don't need anymore trouble dealing with this sensitive beast!!

Thanks,
Mack

Originally posted by TurboDave
Brand of the sensor?? Why is it a 4 wire.

It's not the fact that heated O2 sensors are the problem. The problem is the brand and type you're buying.

Sounds like you might have been sold the latest Caspers kit. John now uses AFS-109 AC Delco sensors that are 4-wire. I am not sure what the fourth wire does. It also sounds like it might have been wired incorrectly..?

FWIW, I use a 3-wire AFS-74 Delco heated sensor kit and I like it fine.

YEP!!

You're exactly right that what this unit was.....a new 4 wire !!!! Well I shipped it back and now will be running a single wire unit, don't even feel like being bothered with anything extra....

Thanks,
Mack

Originally posted by U1ARUNIT
Sounds like you might have been sold the latest Caspers kit. John now uses AFS-109 AC Delco sensors that are 4-wire. I am not sure what the fourth wire does. It also sounds like it might have been wired incorrectly..?

Yup, that is Caspers 4-wire using the AFS-109 AC sensor. Plug and play piece that taps into the EGR circuit for power. Not sure about the 4th wire either. I think his most current system uses a non-AC sensor with a smaller dome.

FWIW - I have one of those AC-109's on my car with no problems. The sensor is quite durable to race gas compared to my old system that used the Bosch 13950's. BLM's are nuts on.

I've ran a significant amount of 116 / 110 through it and it is still cross-counting it's little butt off :)

Give it a few seconds of KON/EOFF and you are good to go.

I use the same AFS-74 for the track with no problems. I switch back to a regular non-heated O2 for the street. My car just seems to like it better that way.

sent o2 sensor back to Jack

Well, I didn't feel like it was worth the extra money so I sent it back to Jack and told him to send me a couple of single wire units in its place..........I had the old style 3-wire o2 sensor and didn't have a single problem!!!! Just a plug and play unit!!!! No along comes the 4-wire and a problem????? Nope, just went back to the old school !!!!

Thanks,
Mack