HFT Cam + Heavy springs = OK

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
I figured I'd post my results sofar with my HFT cam install as many ppl have been doubting HFT cam installs RE: wiping. Cam is big, springs are 150 seat 320 open.

Well, sofar so good. I have the heavy springs in there now and it runs fine and no signs of wipe-age.

I did breakin with assuring lifter freedom, oil pressure, light initial springs...

Pray for my cam... :)

Phil

PhilM said:
... I'm still flying on it, no problems at all !
Make shure to use STP oil treatment at every oil change for the zinc it contains. It's the lack of this that seems to be the cause of our problems with flat tappet cams.

Hmmm... I have been putting about half a bottle of EOS in the oil per change. I believe that has zinc supplement, correct? Either way, it is working sofar, so I don't think I'll change my lubricant combination greatly.

Phil

PhilM said:
Hmmm... I believe that has zinc supplement, correct? Either way, it is working sofar, so I don't think I'll change my lubricant combination greatly.

Phil
Yes,it has zinc. If you changed from G.M. E.O.S. to STP,you would be going from an additive that has zinc to an additive that has zinc. there would be no difference. It's only important that you add zinc to your oil,or buy oil that has it in it already. You're adding zinc to your oil. You're good to go. My advice was to put a zinc supplimet in your oil. Since you are already doing that, I'm guessing what you meant to say was " Good advice,thats what I do".

I don't know yet... I'm still going through replacing hard parts so I could drive it back up the trailer... It is my daily driver you know... :)

We'll be in Fla later this year though, so keep your water bottle empty. You could even race the keefer if u wanted. He should have something pretty fancy that weights 4000lbs... :eek:

Phil