Here's what it takes to run 10.0's

My next upgrade is the fuel system. The new setup is over the top. External Weldon with 10 an feed and Champion rails with external Weldon regulator.

One of our local guys just took all the external pump, filters and lines off and put a Racetronix double pump kit in. What a nice install. Either way that's a nice running combination.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/

Impressive combo!! Are you monitoring alky pump pressure?? I would expect those dual nozels are helping out with fuel delivery as well as knock supression. Especially seeing you are running a standard single pump.....That turbo is a monster!! What do you think your combo would do with 6262 or 6266??? Curious as I have had a 6262 and have the older 6265...

Very Impressive! Thanks for sharing. Did you get your XFI from Cal Hartline, and did he help with the tune?

You only "need" a -8 feed -6 return. That way the regulator with a -6 is easier to use as well.

I also recommend a fire suppression system while you're installing a fuel system too. It's next on my list.

Cal is the only person to buy it from! When you buy from cal he will spend the time to go over everything etc. Purchasing an xfi from him is like having a direct pipeline to a tuner. Worth every penny

FAST came from Cal. Turbo as well. Cal's startup tune was nearly perfect. I have learned the FAST slowly. Cal adjusted the tune in BG this past year. Patrick Broughton also helps with the tuning. Its nice to email the logs to these guys, let them adjust the tune and load it in the car. In all reality Cal and Patrick made the car fast. I just turn the wrenches and push the laptop buttons. Everything on my car is for sale at any time except for the FAST XFI.

I don't have any idea what a 6262 would do on my car. I know the 6466 makes more power that my 6776.

Those new 340 pumps with good voltage get the job done.
340 lph (turbine) 15 volts in the tank, 8an & 6an with 60's will support. With this combo you can static a set of 60's. A lot of folks went 10.5's on low impedence 55's. Using 60's that still leaves ~ 10% fuel capability on the table.

340 lph (turbine) 15 volts in the tank, 8an & 6an with 60's will support. With this combo you can static a set of 60's. A lot of folks went 10.5's on low impedence 55's. Using 60's that still leaves ~ 10% fuel capability on the table.

Will it static 80's you think?

I've been away from the board a while. Work has kept me busy. I always see threads about what it takes to get into the 10's. I know what I did to get there was not the safest way but it works and I have had no breakage (except several transmissions) in the engine department. My combo will run in the 9's in Bowling Green this year under 35psi of boost. Please understand again I'm not leading anyone to build thier engine like I did. Just a thread to help guys see a combo that worked and to hear from our other knowledgable members.

Street car with Cold AC

Stock Parts:

Stock Block bored .20 over
Stock Caps with RJC Engine Girdle
Stock Crank cut .20/.20
Stock Rods reconditioned with ARP
Stock front cover with the usual oiling mods
Stock Champion Ported Intake
Stock Heads Ported and Polished
Stock Flywheel
Stock Balancer
Stock Headers

Aftermarket Parts

.20 over Diamond Pistons
Comp Cams 206/206 Roller Cam off the shelf
T&D Roller Rockers
TH 3" downpipe
Accufab 70mm Throtte Body
Precision 70 Plenum with RJC Powerplate
Precision Front Mount Intercooler

Fuel System:

Single In tank Reds XP Fuel Pump
Stock fuel lines
Cheap Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Dual Nozzle Alky Control Alcohol Injection

Ignition:

Stock Coil/Module

Turbo:

Precision Billet 6466 CEA Gen 2

Engine Management:

FAST XFI 2.0

Chasis:

Stock Driveshaft
Stock Rearend
Moser Axles
Bilstien Shocks
UMI non adjustable rear Control Arms
Stock front control arms
HR Sway Bar
Mickey Thompson 275 Pros

Guys thats it unless I left out a few little things here or there. Simple setup. Dan (Grumpy) has gone faster with less than this. There's no secret here. It runs 10's at 23psi of boost and will run 9's at 30+. I have had this combo for many years and I have tuned it slowly. If I could guess on a part that has made it live it would be the tune. It's never seen knock. Ever. This is on 100% pump gas and alcohol with FAST keeping everything in check.

Do I recommend this setup? It works but there are weak links. That's a choice I made way back. Do I wish there was a forged rotating assemble? Sure. Who wouldn't. Thank you guys for your time. Hope this thread was informative.

What compression are you running? Cometic HG? shift points ?

Will it static 80's you think?
Not likely to static 80's.
Aeromotive Fuel Curve.JPG
Will static 60's using 8an & 6an along with an extra volt or so in the tank. These pumps will go 18v.Not advisable to run 18v across the vehicle electrical gradient since the injector speed offset with the "abacus" max's at 16v. At 70 psi & 13.5 volts in a lab (less the stock fuel lines) pushing mineral spirits the average pump pushes ~ 67 gal/hr. A huge amount of flow restriction (at least 7 psi) goes away when the larger 8an & 6an lines are used. We all forget Tim Stockwell's legacy. He went 10.7 @ 123.5 on a stock long block using Red's double pumper (XP's) and a bunch of bolt ons. Stockwell ran 42's and a 7th stocker. That adds up to about 48 gal/hr. There are much better solutions now then back then so we know approximately what a full weighted T Type took for gas (race gas).

Last edited:
Headgaskets are Cometic. I try to shift at 5400. With the 60 foot getting down in the 1.40's my 1-2 shift is usually 5800. The turbo spools faster than I can pull the shifter.

Headgaskets are Cometic. I try to shift at 5400. With the 60 foot getting down in the 1.40's my 1-2 shift is usually 5800. The turbo spools faster than I can pull the shifter.
The turbo should be all in way before the 1-2 shift. Like at least a half second before you'd need to shift. Almost every car I've ran that spooled in under .5 sec benefitted from taller gearing via taller tire or taller rear gearing. Mark the rear tires and watch a slow video of the car leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next upgrade is the fuel system. The new setup is over the top. External Weldon with 10 an feed and Champion rails with external Weldon regulator.

Weldon is the best. If you're using E85 I wouldn't use anything else but a Weldon.

At 130 mph on my car, my 80's are at I think 55-60% duty cycle with a 43.5 psi base. It blows through the converter like a constant velocity trans, actual shifts are spikes past 6000 rpm. I really need to pull that converter before BG, just don't have the time. Took me 4 months just to get headers on.

IIRC, when I bought my Weldon 1100 it wasn't for E85, but that was years ago. E10 no problem though.

Back in the day I went 124-126 mph all the time in my full weight street car on 116 octane, stock lines, single hotwired Walbro 340 and a set of 48# injectors, no volt booster.

I don't have any idea what a 6262 would do on my car. I know the 6466 makes more power that my 6776.

What were your previous times with a 6776? I've been debating selling my 6776 for the 6466 recently. Thanks.