Heres the engine killer they use in Cash for clunkers

Its just sick to watch. Alan and I have seen several "Public executions" while working on hail dented cars at dealerships. There would be a row of cars and a few techs would pour it in a hold it to the floor. in a few mins it was all over. I just dont understand WHY they couldnt send the cars to a 3rd world country or somewhere that NEEDS cars. Guess that would be to easy and generous. I forgot its the government we're talking about here. So Osama says he wants to get us out of debt? lol right. he started a worthless program that made people that didnt have a car payment, go out and get a loan on some pos they cant afford now.

had to rant.

They'd have done better to have traded in a/c s, refrigerators, washers and driers to help save energy but that wouldn't have helped the auto makers.

I have a couple of things that I wondered about that stuff, and the Clunkers BS. First, who actually developed that stuff, and did the government lay out millions in grants to someone that found out how to destroy an engine? Or did that stuff exist for some other reason before the clunkers program?
Why not just drain the oil and run it, or fill the crankcase with water for that matter?
Why waste the time to disable a vehicle in that manner?
What they should have done was just said that the vehicle had to be destroyed. All usable parts could be removed so that they could help those without money for a new car keep thier car running. The vin should have been removed, and logged so that it could not be registered, and the disposal company would have to prove that each shell was properly crushed and recycled.
That is the only way that I see doing it that made sense. But, I didn't agree with the program at all in the first place.

not that it couldnt be done some other way but why is this even on the market for the public? what purpose besides cash for clunkers would it serve... i can see the stories now... " i had to get a PFA against my ex cause she was dumping Sodium Silicate in my engine"

just stupid

Was this offered by Billy Mays by chance?? lol From the makers of mighty putty...

Stupid product. :rolleyes:

So Osama says he wants to get us out of debt? lol right. he started a worthless program that made people that didnt have a car payment, go out and get a loan on some pos they cant afford now.

Good point. And it won't be long before those who traded their car in for CFC will not be able to pay the note, then it will be repoed and it'll be back to square 1 all over again.

Why not just drain the oil and run it, or fill the crankcase with water for that matter?

Same thing I'm wondering....if I want to disable an engine, I know where there's FREE sand that I can help myself to that I'm sure will do the same job. Not to mention if I'm going to kill a car, it's going to be in hollywood style...drive it into an abandoned building...thru a wall of stacked TV's...into a burning fire...over a cliff...remote controlled of course...and youtube it.

I have a couple of things that I wondered about that stuff, and the Clunkers BS. First, who actually developed that stuff, and did the government lay out millions in grants to someone that found out how to destroy an engine? Or did that stuff exist for some other reason before the clunkers program?
What they should have done was just said that the vehicle had to be destroyed. All usable parts could be removed so that they could help those without money for a new car keep thier car running. The vin should have been removed, and logged so that it could not be registered, and the disposal company would have to prove that each shell was properly crushed and recycled.
That is the only way that I see doing it that made sense. But, I didn't agree with the program at all in the first place.

If you get bored do some youtube searching on cash for clunkers kills. The ones that run for several minutes, blowing smoke and getting hot, throwing parts out of the block, and the couple that you see that caught on fire, were ones that just had the oil drained. It was deemed too dangerous for a reason. Of the 6 that I helped kill with sodium silicate, the longest running was less than a minute. Not long enough to get hot and catch fire. Sodium silicate is cheap, effective, and environmentally harmless.

I didn't like the program either, three of the kills were nicer than my DD. But, it was my job and it was kind of fun.

The ones that run for several minutes, blowing smoke and getting hot, throwing parts out of the block, and the couple that you see that caught on fire, were ones that just had the oil drained. It was deemed too dangerous for a reason. Sodium silicate is cheap, effective, and environmentally harmless.

Yeah, but drain the oil, add water and wait until it makes a little noise. Shut it off and wait a week. It won't turn over then. Or, drain the oil pull the throttle body and crank it over with a garden hose flowing into it. Once it hydrolocks fill crank case with water.
I still wonder which politician's brother got the grant to develop that stuff. Maybe they needed that to show that they created more jobs.

Should have taken them all to the track, drained the oil and coolant and seen how many passes they made before they let go.... That would make some good video.

I've heard that an actual GNX was lost to this program. Does anyone know the number, condition, and what worthless piece of junk it was traded for?

Yeah, but drain the oil, add water and wait until it makes a little noise. Shut it off and wait a week. It won't turn over then. Or, drain the oil pull the throttle body and crank it over with a garden hose flowing into it. Once it hydrolocks fill crank case with water.
I still wonder which politician's brother got the grant to develop that stuff. Maybe they needed that to show that they created more jobs.

That actually doesn't work as well as you'd think, at least in my experience. This is a video we made destroying my friend's DD after it had already developed some severe valvetrain noise. The video was edited down for time, the car actually took the better part of an hour to lock up.

Might not want to watch it at work; there's some mild language. There's also a sequel (where we used Nitrous), but the sound was deleted by YouTube because of the music.

YouTube - Killing a ford probe

Both engines were replaced, and the car still drives to this day. Lots of fun.

I've heard that an actual GNX was lost to this program. Does anyone know the number, condition, and what worthless piece of junk it was traded for?
I heard they clunkered GNX's #002-009 :eek:. They only kept #001. There was a video on some hosting site.

It has existed for some time. It is used as concrete sealer. they call it liquid glass.

Still not buying the GNX thing. Probably a ratted out GN with a gnx badge on it and they got confused.

If they did clunker a real GNX it would probably have been turned in as a monte carlo.

Wow! Oil and other fluids spilled all over the ground. This is supposed to be good for the environment? :eek: lol.

If you look at some other videos on the subject you'll see that the coolant is not aways the factor but some of that white smoke is in all of them. I really find it hard to believe that some government idiot called his boss in and showed him this procedure and they didn't think of (1) the potential safety issues of this, somebody could have been burned right? and (2) obvious the chemicals being introduced into the environment, but neither did the clown that approved it so at least they are consistent through the chain of command. Osama probably put more thought into what dog to get than this.... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen done, guys on the payroll blowing up engines.... :confused:

Maybe just drop them off to a "licensed" scrap yard who will disassemble the cars and sell them as parts only??????

How about round #2, just give the cars to the homeless so they can drive around with no insurance??? :eek:

Locally all the C4C cars endup up at the loacl U-Pull-It.. there was a 2001 landrover in the yard.

If a GNX was destroyed this way, it would end up at a junkyard for dismantling.

Sucks to see a lot of engines/cars that could have helped less fortunate get back on their feet destroyed.