Here is what a DW301 looks like installed

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I bought the smooth bottom one, see the part number on the box
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG
. It fits fine in the hanger, no bumps protruding and you can rotate the pump pretty much to your heart's content. The sock is very stiff and I ended up having to rotate the pump from the photo more toward the return tube so I could get it in the tank. The sock will bend a bit but not much. And it is a pain to get that little star friction washer over the pin to hold the sock in place. Takes dexterity and patience and a couple of small screwdrivers to press it on with. I had some connectors in my electrical box I had scavenged from some wiring I obtained and was able to refit the old Walbro adapter plug onto the new DW connector. So everything works, pump is reasonably quiet (I tested it before installing). Now to get some fuel in the car and see what happens.

And I replaced the feed and return rubber lines on top of the tank with multi-fuel fuel injection hose. That was expensive also. Will do the ones over the axle later. The vent line I left alone, why bother.

You'll like it....I like mine! I'm running the stock return line and have no pressure issues at idle. Others have stated that a larger return line is needed-but that wasn't true in my case.

It idles fine, 600 or so O2 counts, not belching smoke or fumes. I think there are more wive's tales than wives around here. I will change out the other hoses above the axle though. They are easily accessible enough.

Frustration with the sock retainer clip is definitely something I've come across...

I snapped a couple of pics to illustrate how I do it in-house.

FuelSockStayclipInstall1.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall2.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall3.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall4.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall5.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall6.jpg

FuelSockStayclipInstall7.jpg

If you have to remove the sock, take care when loosening the sock not to rotate it too much as the plastic stud can break off!

I had step-by-step instructions typed out...but we are a visual people and heck...I've got a smart-phone, so why not shoot a video. :p

There are 2 "things" I have found to make installing a DW pump easier.

First, I have a very small 1/4" socket that is the perfect size to fit the retainer clip, and is larger than the stud on the pump. So with a small hammer, it is used to seat the clip easily. :)

Second, I orient the pump on the hanger so the sock and float are pointing in the same direction, not in a "spread eagle" position like John has shown! ;)

If I had a phone camera, I could have documented with pics from the one I installed yesterday, but I think you can get the picture? :cool:

Chris, feel free to use any of this in your pump instruction sheet! :D

Sort of on topic - but what is the limit of a single DW pump on E85, with the proper injectors/fuel lines of course.

There are 2 "things" I have found to make installing a DW pump easier.

First, I have a very small 1/4" socket that is the perfect size to fit the retainer clip, and is larger than the stud on the pump. So with a small hammer, it is used to seat the clip easily. :)

Second, I orient the pump on the hanger so the sock and float are pointing in the same direction, not in a "spread eagle" position like John has shown! ;)

If I had a phone camera, I could have documented with pics from the one I installed yesterday, but I think you can get the picture? :cool:

Chris, feel free to use any of this in your pump instruction sheet! :D

I have been point my fuel socks that direction for years, but after seeing the inside of a stock tank I'm going to start pointing them rearward the way his picture shows.

Sort of on topic - but what is the limit of a single DW pump on E85, with the proper injectors/fuel lines of course.

With no volt boost, at 70 psi the pump flows 250 LPH (65 gph), which is enough fuel for about 525 fwhp (with no alky inj kit). This fuel flow rate is roughly what 75 #/hr injectors at 85% DC and 25 psi boost will require.

With no volt boost, at 70 psi the pump flows 250 LPH (65 gph), which is enough fuel for about 525 fwhp (with no alky inj kit). This fuel flow rate is roughly what 75 #/hr injectors at 85% DC and 25 psi boost will require.

Forgot to mention this is with a Volt booster :D Goal is mid 10's with the combo in my sig

Forgot to mention this is with a Volt booster :D Goal is mid 10's with the combo in my sig

With 16 volts to it, it supplies about 84 gph at 70 psi, which is enough for roughly 650 hp on E85 (alone). Add whatever your alky kit supplies.