Here is the plan.

XBreed

I bought a GN with a spun rod bearing, #1 imagin that, anyways brought it to the shop and found that the motor was in great shape minus the spun bearing. Block is going to be cleaned, new bears throughout, honed and the one rod is going to be resized. Not the ideal way but it should work for a bit til I get the second motor built anyway. I also found out that my cam was bad. I did a little looking and have found one at Summit for roughly 230 with lifters shipped or should I go with TA's 206 for 250 with lifters shipped? Thanks for the input guys.

There really aren't any bad camshaft companies out there so the brand of the camshaft shouldn't matter. Both companies you mentioned are reputable and I don't think you'll have any problem doing business with either of them. It looks like you're looking for a 206 / 206 type camshaft and I think that's a good move IMO. Just make sure you put in a good quality break-in lube when you install your new camshaft like the Comp Cams # 159 or Crane Cams # 99003-1.

ok one more question, I found a comp cam set on ebay, NIB from a store and it says it is a 212 cam. Is there a big difference from the 206? Thanks

The 206 has less duration and lift, the 212 would be nice for a car that you plan to keep stacking the go fast parts on.

before

you put a bigger cam in--better make sure your heads can handle the extra lift. Retainer to guide clearance.

The 206 will work better on a stock engine and works good on modified engines also. Stick with the 206.