Help

T-TYPE TONY

My 86 T-Type got sick this weekend going to a car show. It started when I first got there. She wouldn't idle. I had to put her in neutral and give her the gas. When the show was over, she was just the opposite, wouldn't calm down from a fast idle. Had to ride the brake. I checked vacuum lines, didn't see anything obvious? Engine light was blinking on and off. She seemed very hot to me. Didn't over heat or leak anything out?

Remove the ecm. Check for corrosion on the plugs. Same with the chip. Remove it inspect for corrosion. Use a safety pin to slightly pry up the contacts in the chip socket.

RL

Sounds like a MAF issue to me. Maybe some Jack Wagon unplugged it at the show? Were there any "good buddies" at the show? They are probably reading this and laughing.:D (wasn't me ........HONEST!!!!)

I will check these things out this weekend. I really don't have time during the week. Everyone is giving me good ideas. Thanks. Did you get on a airplane turbo fabricator and unplug my maf sensor? No, I checked all my vacuum lines and I didn't see anything obvious. It also happened when I first got to the show.

Agree if the SES light is blinking then it's probably chip is loose, bad ECM, corrosion on connectors of ECM and or chip.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It was the contacts on the chip. I took it and cleaned the contacts. She is running great, just like nothing happened. I started the car before I did anything and she was doing the same. I was afraid that the problem would be an intermittent issue. Thanks again everyone.