Help

watz

Hello all,

I am restoring my dad's 87 that my family has owned since new. It is a 1987 Buick Regal T with a chrome package. I have since the day they brought it home wanted to add the GN spoiler, and black it out. My heart was set on it, but after talking to a few Buick knowledge masters they have me second guessing.

This car will never be sold to anyone outside my family, so this is not about a profit or resale. I have never seen a menacing looking chrome car so perhaps you guys can help me out?

It will have some snort under the hood, champion ported irons, 6262 dbb and PTE SLIC.

But most other stuff is going back. Can anyone provide more pics to help me pick a route?

I like em chromed out with corning lamps, coach lamps , vinyl top and that big stainless trim on the rocker . I have a we4 so I guess that would be the opposite , but I don't have more room for another car so I work with what I have, you should too. As soon as I collect up the Chrome pieces mine will be like I want it. I have a leather set of regal seats to go in too. Bottom line, if that's what you want, thats what you should put together.

I personally love the limited, chrome, leather bench seat and column shift. Completely stock appearing grandma car... Just think Red Armstrong... Minus the smoke... But that's me... You need to build the car unique to you. Build it how YOU want to and forget what everyone else thinks.

(If you don't know who Red Armstrong is look it up.. I believe its his wife's car I am referring too... A ultimate sleeper that will be part of TB history.)

Hello all,

I am restoring my dad's 87 that my family has owned since new. It is a 1987 Buick Regal T with a chrome package. I have since the day they brought it home wanted to add the GN spoiler, and black it out. My heart was set on it, but after talking to a few Buick knowledge masters they have me second guessing.

This car will never be sold to anyone outside my family, so this is not about a profit or resale. I have never seen a menacing looking chrome car so perhaps you guys can help me out?

It will have some snort under the hood, champion ported irons, 6262 dbb and PTE SLIC.

But most other stuff is going back. Can anyone provide more pics to help me pick a route?

I personally would take the chrome package everytime.
It just makes the car look more finished + makes it stand out,+ i would have to say its much rarer,it seems like every one i have looked at recently is a black out car,In the last 10-12 cars i looked at 2 were chrome cars + i bought them both,finding a chrome car out there for sale is a rare treat,+ hard to find.I would MUCH rather my limited be a chrome car,in fact i can't wait to get the black bumpers off it that were added in the past.
If yours is an original chrome package car,I wouldn't change it,in my opinion you will be downgrading the car ,making it a little plainer,alot less original,+ spend a goodly amount doing it.
It's a turbo regal it has a classic bad ass look to it,+ will turn heads with or with out blackout,+ probably more with the chrome.
What color is the car? you should post some pics.
Everybody has different tastes, but it's almost always the better idea to leave the car,especially a classic the way it came from the factory,at least as far as looks go,i think it should be left true to what it was when it was new.
Hope it helps ,but the next guy will have the opposite opinion,thats just the way it is,+ thats what makes the world go around.