Help

bullet87

someone please come help me with my 87 GN, before I have to sell it. My number is 5733372070.

I have been fighting these issues for a long time with no resolve.
No smoke at startup or idle. Lite very faint white smoke if I give it gas. More smoke of course under boost. Not comming up in boost more than a couple of pounds. If I hold the accelerator at 2k, the rpms flucuate up and down.

I just noticed in another thread you started that you "traded" chips with someone. Is that chip burned with you combo? If it isn't the car will not run right.

Your sig indicates a lowz ECM mod. I think we are narrowing down the issue. You need to put the chip back in the car that was burnt for your sig.

I gotta find out how far I am from Killeen. Gimmie a minute.

Too far for me to do anything on Mothers day weekend.

I will give you a call this afternoon.

I thought that it might be the turbo, so I bought a new one. Thought that it might be the Max Effort, so I swapped for a Turbo Tweak chip. Yeah it does have a small oil leak in the normal spot, but oil pressure and levels have always been fine. New injectors, same size as posted. I have checked the compression before and there is little to no difference between cylinders. New fuel filter in the external fuel system as posted. Going through a divorce and really dont want to sell if I can help it, but it hasnt ran right in a long time.

When I say swapped, I mean I bought directly from Turbo Tweak. I have tried a couple different chips in the Max Effort before getting rid of it.

no, just around the rear main seal area. I replace that a really long time ago, but you know how it is.

Disco Stu (John) is in College Station. Give him a PM. He knows his stuff and is a damn nice dude.

I guess about 2 hrs. away from you. I had his number somewhere, I'll have to hunt for it.

When I installed my new turbo, it smoked for a little while, but eventually went away.

yeah, I installed mine a long time ago. Just got back from Iraq and still the same problems.

i have had this car for years, but i know how I explain it might be different that someone that knows more than me to see it. Because of the situation, I dont have alot of money to waste at shops. Plus, I have heard storys about people taking their GN to shops that say that have worked on them before.

anyone else have any idea? What is the chance of it being a small intake or head gasket leak. Would that cause a fluex in power and smoke only under acceleration?

Ok after some cereal and a coffee Im going to start to tear down the upper block assem. Just going to start going through things one by one. Unless anybody has any suggestions?

Ok, the start of a new week. Never did the tear down. I think that i found a vaccum leak on the adj boost controler line, but still have the smoke. Someone told me to pull the valve cover to see if I have a wiped cam. Could that cause the white smoke? Any other suggestions this morning would help me out.

White smoke can be an indication of blown head or intake gasket allowing water into the combustion chamber.

White smoke is usually an indication of water or trans fluid. Blueish white smoke is burning oil. Black smoke is sign of running too rich. If you aren't using any water then that's not the prob.

Do you have a scan tool, if so, what are the readings? Where is the smoke coming from, under the car or the exhaust?