Help with Times from yesterday

Hognose

Ok we had a track rental yesterday and was finally able to get my car down the 1/4 mile. I am a bit disapointed in my results for the what I have done to the car. Mostly in my mph.

Here is my average for my best runs;
60ft. = 1.63x
330ft. = 4.72x
1/8th = 7.38x @ 92.xx mph
1000ft = 9.69x
1/4 = 11.65x @ 114.xx

I was running about 26 lbs of boost. Launching the car @ 5lbs of boost. The car will not hold more boost than that on the line. I am still a tad rich coming throught the traps with 02's in the 790's.
I did not lock the converter, however I still feel that I should have a better mph.
I only gained 2 10ths in the 1/8th with 4 more lbs of boost from last time at the track.
I have a TT chip and added some timing in 1/2 and pulled some fuel in 1 and didn't make much of a differance.
I have some DS files if anyone is interested in checking them out.

Thanks
Matthew

Ok we had a track rental yesterday and was finally able to get my car down the 1/4 mile. I am a bit disapointed in my results for the what I have done to the car. Mostly in my mph.

Here is my average for my best runs;
60ft. = 1.63x
330ft. = 4.72x
1/8th = 7.38x @ 92.xx mph
1000ft = 9.69x
1/4 = 11.65x
@ 114.xx

I was running about 26 lbs of boost. Launching the car @ 5lbs of boost. The car will not hold more boost than that on the line. I am still a tad rich coming throught the traps with 02's in the 790's.
I did not lock the converter, however I still feel that I should have a better mph.
I only gained 2 10ths in the 1/8th with 4 more lbs of boost from last time at the track.
I have a TT chip and added some timing in 1/2 and pulled some fuel in 1 and didn't make much of a differance.
I have some DS files if anyone is interested in checking them out.

87 Grand National --"DCVING" Girdled 109,Champion Irons, 214/210 Roller,TE-60, Walbro 340, Poston Headers, Hooker exhaust, 50's',Turbo Tweak chip, CK Trans,3000 Pat's lock-up. Alky kit from alkycontrol.com. 7.55 @ 89mph (1/8th) Skakedown on new Motor, no tune 20lbs boost. 1.63 60ft! Lots more in this Combo!!! Waiting for spring!

Thanks
Matthew

I think you have a great motor combo but lack a larger turbo to benefit the champion iron heads. A te60 flows about 850 cfm, pretty similar to a te44 turbo.

I assume these runs were on pure pump gas and methanol. Were you running any racegas?

Were you taking full advantage of your timing? What are your base settings at, and approx how much did you advance the timing to?

2 Tenths in the 1/8th is pretty good grounds for the second round to the track.

Look at your 1000 foot mark to the 1320...
9.69x 11.65x ITS ONLY 1.96 that should be a tad less if your making decent power there.

Do you have 3:73 gears and 26" tires? Your RPMs are too high, its not picking up like a non locked up turbo regal should...

Here is a timeslip from a good buddy of mine here in KC, we finally got a good race in...
His car was running 91 octane and meth, 208ish 208 ish cam, stock heads and a non lockup convertor with a 6152 turbo Larger than your te60 turbo

Here was his slip
7.53 92.26

Shoot me that file and i will take a look at it.

Try locking the convertor and let us know what your timing was..
I think you need a larger turbo, get the timing to 26 down low and 23 on the top with ZERO detonation and go from there.

What intercooler.
BW

I think you have a great motor combo but lack a larger turbo to benefit the champion iron heads. A te60 flows about 850 cfm, pretty similar to a te44 turbo.

I assume these runs were on pure pump gas and methanol. Were you running any racegas? 93 Octane.
Were you taking full advantage of your timing? What are your base settings at, and approx how much did you advance the timing to? I believe that they base setting for the chip is 23/19
2 Tenths in the 1/8th is pretty good grounds for the second round to the track. This was with 4lbs more boost though.

Look at your 1000 foot mark to the 1320...
9.69x 11.65x ITS ONLY 1.96 that should be a tad less if your making decent power there.

Do you have 3:73 gears and 26" tires? Your RPMs are too high, its not picking up like a non locked up turbo regal should... I have stock gears, I know my tire heigth is hurting a little bit. 275/50/15's

Here is a timeslip from a good buddy of mine here in KC, we finally got a good race in...
His car was running 91 octane and meth, 208ish 208 ish cam, stock heads and a non lockup convertor with a 6152 turbo Larger than your te60 turbo

Here was his slip
7.53 92.26

Shoot me that file and i will take a look at it.

Try locking the convertor and let us know what your timing was..
I think you need a larger turbo, get the timing to 26 down low and 23 on the top with ZERO detonation and go from there.

What intercooler. I just installed G-bogy Parts stock location.
BW

I put answears in the quote.

Thanks for your help!.

Matthew

some say that adding boost will gain power but that is not always the case i think instead of adding boost back down 4 psi where you were making good power and start adding timing or cutting fuel in chip in 3/4 gear and see how your top end looks

I think that it may be a little rich.I had a problem one time at the track and my o2s were in the 800s but the car would not go faster than 112mph,I just put a new fuel pressure guage on the car and it said 43psi so I decided to put the old one on and it said I was running 50psi in fuel pressure so I turned it down to 43psi and my car picked up 4mph and my o2 went down to 760.So if you are running rich it can really kill the car.Good Luck!!!!!!

I wasnt able to view the data in the email you sent me with the directscan info.

I emailed it to a buddy of mine to try and help me download the files, can you send it again?

BW

I put answears in the quote.

Thanks for your help!.

Matthew
Your tire height is not hurting you with the low boost launches. They are 26" tires. If you were to launch harder (10-12psi) then you could benefit from a taller tire. You need to verify fuel pressures. Dont be too sure that .790 is too rich. It may or may not be. Fwiw i have a wideband datalogger on mine and the a/f ratio was 11.3-1 the other day in 3rd at 120 mph and the O2 millivolts on the factory located bosch narrowband sensor was about .780 millivolts. I do not want my car going leaner than 11.4-1. Narrow band sensors will vary somewhat in real world conditions at WOT as the sensor gets hot. You should be able to take a good % of fuel out of your first gear setting in the TT chip and pick up even more down low. Your picking up 22 mph on a non locked converter which is not too bad. I would expect about 25mph from eighth to quarter in your application locked. I didnt see mention of the intercooler but it may be getting heat soaked eating up mph up top. This is especially true if ambient temps are in the 80's or higher and the intercooler is in the factory location.